cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item late, seller won't respond.

My item's last possible date was today, and there is no tracking number. It has been shipped with USPS ground advantage. Should I file a complaint? The seller won't respond. 

Item is a $500 pc

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Item late, seller won't respond.

100% approval and has sold 84 items 

@vince_beaub 

That rating is based on two items that are about to roll off, and the feedback will change to 0%.  Some feedback activity "more than a year old", then the rest "more than 5 years old".  The seller seemed to have sold "like items" in the past, so that is a plus.  The item you purchased listed as it being "revised" in 2023,  A returning seller should have selling limits, not a $700 (offered to you @ $500) item out of the gate, but it is not unusual to see that of late around here.   So the question would be how DORMANT is dormant?  LOL. 

I really hope you get what you paid for!!!  Do let us know if you get a delivery!  Sincerely, hoping you do! 

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Thank you, but its not looking good though. I submitted the case today and STILL no response from the seller. Since today is Friday I'm probably gonna have to wait till February 1st until eBay forces this guy to give me money back or respond. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

If, in the listing when you made your purchase, the last estimated delivery date was the 25th, then you should be able to open an INR case today, the 26th.  

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Why do you believe you will have to wait til February 1st to be refunded?

That's nearly a week.  Have you actually opened a case or not? 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

 Because of this. Or does this mean he did respond? 

IMG_20240126_181304.jpg

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Or does this mean he did respond? 

@vince_beaub 

No. 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

If your item has not arrived by the expected delivery date and there is no tracking, just open an item not received case. You don't need to wait for messages back from the seller, and engaging a seller like that will just cause you frustration and anxiety (and definitely do not call them or contact them off eBay, keep it on eBay for your protection.)

If they don't respond to the case (they probably won't), you will get your money back from eBay. No need to worry.

No responsible seller would wait that long to ship a $500 item without at least contacting a buyer letting them know there is an issue, or ship an item like that without tracking (not only for the protection of the buyer, but their own seller protection as well.)

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Just to give a conclusion to this story, the seller never responded, the item never came, and I was thankfully given a full refund by eBay. I'm just thankful the seller didn't try to scam any further. And that this whole mess is over. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply