cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impatient seller cancels my order before the suggested time limit

Purchased a collectible item from a seller who states to pay within 48 hour window. Seller then sends an email they can’t ship unless I pay & follows up with a [triggered?] pay reminder (approx 24 hrs at this point). 
Received a notification short while later that the order was cancelled! Seller states that the reason to cancel was due to “Buyer requested to cancel”, BUT I NEVER CONTACTED THE SELLER!!

My intent was to purchase the item & seller never waited long enough within the 48 allotted time to allow me to pay!.. contradicting their pay policy!! I was compelled to give negative feedback because of unfair practices inconsistent with eBay guidelines.
It gets better. Seller retaliates through messaging.

Seller implies I gave consent to cancel (unfounded) which goes against their own stipulations & then used inflammatory disgusting language to express their displeasure with a buyer who they deceived!!

How is eBay allowed to condone or allow this type of behavior???!!!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Impatient seller cancels my order before the suggested time limit

Why did you not just pay then?  Generally, if someone is pushing me to pay (which never happens because I pay right away) my first thought would be to pay.    After all, that was your intention, right?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Right, the previous negative feedback expressed by a buyer may have been through the same deal, where the seller pressured them to pay and when the buyer didn't pay in a reasonable(?) amount of time, the seller cancelled their order like they did to mine.

When I expressed my displeasure for them cancelling my order, I left negative feedback! Yes, eBay lets you leave negative feedback for an item you never paid for. The seller saw that, so they wrote to me to say "F*** y**", which is a HUGE NO-NO on eBay so I reported them!  That may be why they don't have anything listed because they're suspended!

Thanks!

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

1) So you're saying, the seller lied by saying 'buyer cancelled' so they wouldn't end up with a defect? Well.. after I left NEGATIVE feedback because they canceled my order w/o my approval, the seller eBay messaged me to say "F*** y**" when they saw my feedback! That's a HUGE eBAY N0-NO!!!

2) YES! An eBay buyer CAN leave FB for a seller when they cancel your order for no legit reason!! I found the link on here provided by another user, see link below:

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayFeedback&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I'm sorry, I really wanted to say that AFTER I left the seller [negative] feedback, they retaliated by messaging me through eBay messaging to say, "F*** y**"!

Maybe you can provide an excuse for that seller because THEY MAY have mental health issues. May you can say THEY HAVE the right to force me to pay because they're a seller & I supposed to pay ASAP because I'm a buyer and I have no rights. They have no excuse to exhibit non professional behavior for their actions!

And for that, I had to report the seller!!!

BTW... the eBay associate I spoke with said a seller does not have the right to MANIPULATE a buyer to pay!

I can provide a screenshot for that, if you don't believe me! 

Good day!

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Man, let me just say, I’ve laid out tremendous amounts of money here on eBay! I’ve also sold a fair amount & had a  decent blitz of sales in a short time, so I’m familiar how eBay transactions work! Yes, again.. I intended to pay (within the sellers 48 suggestion, which is lower time limit eBay suggests which is 4 days).

When I paid for my items, I paid fast because I have the funds, that’s NEVER a problem. Why you ask why I couldn’t pay right away??

Because, for one, the seller offers payments within 48 hours. Where does it say I have to pay in 18, 24 or even 12 hours??!!

When I reported the seller for retaliation by using expletives towards me, the eBay associate stated I ACTUALLY had 4 days to pay. Where is there a stipulation that I have to pay right away when eBay gives a   4 day window? 
The associate also stated to me that a seller also cannot manipulate a buyer to pay!

Thanks!

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I usually do not leave a negative feedback but instead call ebay about the problem.

Ebay reads everything he said/she said emails which can hurt or help you.

Certain words can help or harm you during emails.

Plus you have an Ebayer who will do anything to get even with you.

And I mean that Ebayer will get back to you with a negative feedback(s) in any way.

Tracking returned mail is so bad from a sour buyer: empty envelope I got once and a bag with something liquid from another from Poland and Cyprus respectfully.

I also had a buyer use his friend to buy from me and give me negative feedback.

Never do negative feedbacks...Report to Ebay the situation.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Yeah, I reported the dude, after he sent me a message of foul language because he wasn't happy about my negative feedback. To be brutally honest, I cannot remember ever giving anyone negative feedback so he may be the 1st! 

But I'm usually very lenient & give you the benefit of the doubt, so you really have to earn it before I hand over my honest opinion concerning a bad experience. 

A seller never has the right to lie & say that 'buyer requested to cancel' when the seller was the one who canceled, you deserve to inform potential buyers of the evil a seller goes through to make you look bad for no reason. 

If I ever sell again, i'll be sure to block the buyer, but my wife always said.. sometimes a negative feedback may not break you if a buyer really wants to buy your goods! Any reasonable buyer knows how to discern whether to buy from a deceptive seller or not. 

Thanks!

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Seriously, you need to let this go, holding on to anger is not good for anyone, and all that happened to you was you did not get an item you wanted. 

Hope things look up for you in 2022, don't stress the little stuff, much worse is happening out there.......... 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I’m not that angered about the seller, mind you… rather I feel way better after reporting the seller and I already purchased the item I wanted! Believe me, I’m officially over that dude & I’ll explain why I WAS angered…

With that said, I get ticked when someone from the community gets on here with a God complex  and act as if their word is gold! 
Sorry, but you perceive me wrong in general. I’ve seen certain members get on here and they really don’t seem to help the person in question with their advice, but they act like their answer is the way it is.. they’re CONDESCENDING!! Seen it MANY times!!! 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. a community member [like the one who puts your quotes in bold & picks each one apart]] shouldn’t come here to question my integrity or say things indicative of a one track mind…

instead, be helpful, be courteous, don’t assume you know everything when you don’t (that’s wrong) and try to put yourself in others shoes for a change! I’ve seen other members take offense at the ones w/that complex because they don’t sympathize. Seriously!! That’s my advice to those In particular. That’s my constructive real world criticism to them!!

Now, if that’s sounds like anger to you, then you have it all wrong!

Thanks and good day mate!! 👍

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Doesn’t matter why he didn’t pay within 2 days… there is a window for payment. 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply