cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged for an item I ordered, but never received an order confirmation!

Since there is no live person to talk to on Ebay, I cam here. I was charged 10.81 for an item in my bank account. I neither received the item, or got an order confirmation. I need to know how to get my money back for something I was charged for. This topic isn't covered in the "help" section of Ebay.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: I was charged for an item I ordered, but never received an order confirmation!

@bar3510-pfyfyaee wrote:

Since there is no live person to talk to on Ebay, I cam here. I was charged 10.81 for an item in my bank account. I neither received the item, or got an order confirmation. I need to know how to get my money back for something I was charged for. This topic isn't covered in the "help" section of Ebay.

Are you saying the transaction isn't in your order history?  If there is no record of the purchase there, is it possible the charge went somewhere else?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: I was charged for an item I ordered, but never received an order confirmation!

@bar3510-pfyfyaee 

If the item is on your purchase history page, look at the estimated delivery date.  If that date has passed, there should be a drop-down under more actions for haven't received item.

This is actually covered in the help section but they do move stuff around quite a bit.  If you aren't a frequent user sometimes stuff is hard to find.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Is it possible you neglected to log into your account and made the purchase as a guest? If that's the case you'll need the confirmation email to get to the listing. Check your spam folder and any other email addresses you use.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@bar3510-pfyfyaee,

The last feedback you received was for an item you bought in the last 6 months.  If the purchase was made over 60 days ago, it will not show up in your purchase history which has a default setting to display item purchased in the Last 60 days v.  It says that in the purchase history section just above the first listing on the right.  You can click on the down arrow to display purchases you've made in 2023, and if you made the purchase in the last 90 days, you will be able to open the Order Details to see when you should have received the item.  If the last estimated delivery date was less than 30 days ago, close the details window and click on the more actions button for the listing, to file an item not received dispute,

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Went somewhere else? The money was taken out of my account from Ebay. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It would not be in my purchase history page, because I never received an order confirmation, as stated in my original post. I was charged for the item. I need to get my money back. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

As I said in my post, I never received a confirmation e mail!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Are you from Ebay? No, the purchase was made last week, not over 6 months ago. I never received an e mail confirmation, but Ebay from San Jose Ca. , took 10.81 on Sept. 5th. It is incredible to me that Ebay has no customer service. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

No one here is from eBay. This is a member-to-member forum. We have no access to your account and are simply trying to point out things that might be responsible for the issue. EBay does indeed have customer service. You can go to the Help&Contact link at the bottom of the page and follow the prompts to request a callback.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@bar3510-pfyfyaee wrote:

It would not be in my purchase history page, because I never received an order confirmation, as stated in my original post. I was charged for the item. I need to get my money back. 

If it isn't in your purchase history, then you checked out as a guest.  You will have to find the email, maybe in your spam folder or deleted items.

Or someone else has access to your bank account and is using for their eBay purchases.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@bar3510-pfyfyaee wrote:

It would not be in my purchase history page, because I never received an order confirmation

That isn't the reason why it isn't on your purchase history page.  

The reason it isn't on your purchase history page is because the purchase wasn't made with this eBay account.

Whatever email address was used to make the purchase with your banking information would have received any emails associated with the purchase.

You have a good rest of your day, now. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

If you agreed to a transaction, it appears in your purchases list. This is the case for all agreements to purchase made on your logged in account.

Taking the position that you do not have a transaction listed here, what was the method of payment used for this item? Also - just to cover this - what country & ebay site are you from? That would determine if we are even able to offer you advice here or direct you to that local ebay site.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply