cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM DONE BUYING ON EBAY. SINCE YOU CAN NOT CALL THEM ANY MORE THE SELLERS ARE SCREWING US OVER

TOTALLY DONE WITH EBAY, NOW THAT YOU CAN NOT TALK TO ANYONE OVER THE PHONE THE SELLERS NOW THIS AND ARE SCREWING US OVER. I PURCHASED AN ITEM ON THE 14TH OF AUG. THE SELLER TOLD ME THAT HE DID NOT HAVE THAT ITEM ANYMORE AND THAT IF I WANTED A REFUND. I WOULD HAVE TO CANCEL THE ORDER. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CANCEL AN ORDER TO GET MY MONEY BACK. SO I TOLD THEM TO CENCEL THE ORDER. AND I NEVER GOT THE ITEM OR MY MONEY BACK. I LEFT NEG. FEEDBACK NOW THE SELLER TOLD ME I WILL NOT GET MY MONEY BACK UNLESS I CHANG THE NEG. FEEDBACK. I TOLD HIM NO. IT IS THE 29TH AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE THE ITEM OR MY MONEY. I THIED TO TALK TO EBAY ABOUT IT AND YOU CAN NOT TALK TO ANYONE ANYMORE. I AM DONE WITH EBAY. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS NOW. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I AM DONE BUYING ON EBAY. SINCE YOU CAN NOT CALL THEM ANY MORE THE SELLERS ARE SCREWING US OVER

If you think it is bad as a buyer you should see how bad it is for sellers.

As a buyer all you have to do is file an "item not received" 1 day after the last estimated delivery date and you will get a refund. You don't even need to talk to the seller to get your refund.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

The seller is the one who would cancel the sale, which would then refund you in full.  You do not need to talk to anyone, the system is automated.  Go to your purchase history.  Find the item and click on I haven't received my item.  Your seller has 3 days to prove delivery.  If not, on the 4th day, go back to the case and ask eBay to step in.  They will refund you from the seller's funds.

Negative feedback is not really going to motivate your seller to do the right thing.  It sounds like they are new if they think the buyer cancels.   Your feedback left for others is not good.  You leave a lot of negatives, which will cause some sellers to block you from buying or cancel your orders for fear of a negative.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I agree with asset_liquidators.  

18 years on eBay you probably should have an idea how things work now.  "Money Back Guarantee" is pretty darn good to buyers nowadays.  Sure there are a few scams targeting buyers and loopholes in the guarantee, but nothing in your post indicates that is the case.

Unless I missed in in the WALL OF CAPS.

Take a breath, explain your situation calmly and clearly.  Someone will help explain how to get your money back if you have been wronged.

Note that nobody on here can force a seller to send your item if that is what you are after.  Everyone here is just an eBay user like yourself.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Was this a new seller who hasn't read the Money Back Guarantee for buyers?

Have YOU not read it? All you need to do is open an item not received case within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date.

And, BTW, maybe you didn't know this either

Is this a new seller who does not know how eBay works?

Do you know how it works? All you needed to do was open an item not received case.

Have you read the Money Back Guarantee?

And, BTW, your caps lock key is stuck.  

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I did provide you with instructions on how to utilize the 30 day money back guarantee.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I simply do not understand the necessity of "calling" ebay.....

As a buyer, everything you need to resolve an issue is right there for you...automated, and slanted in your (the buyers) favor....

When a transaction goes awry, instinctively, we are programmed to "call" someone....

Just take a minute to check your protections as a buyer....4-5 clicks and very little aggravation  the money is back in your account.....

There are exceptions at times, but 90% of these issues can be resolved without human intervention (if you are a buyer)

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Many, if not most, of the posts here like this are from people who just want to rant.

They want neither help nor suggestions.  Am slowly learning not to waste my energy on them.  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Leaving negative feedback doesn't really help anyone....including the buyer. You can always do the refund after estimated time of arrival. You don't need to cancel anything. eBay really has a rather good money back on items sold. 

Now back to a negative feedback....other buyers as well as the sellers can read any negative feedbacks.

And one has to just wonder if the seller just did that.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Ebay wants you to use their money back guarantee to resolve not receiving an item purchase.

I suspect human intervention is not cost effective 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Technically, it's criminals found a way to exploit a weakness in the automated INR dispute process, not actually eBay siding with the criminal.  But that might be putting too fine a point on it.  I agree being a victim of fake tracking number scam would really suck and eBay doesn't make it easy to get your money back.

Fortunately, I have always found it quick and painless to just dispute the charge with my credit card in situations like this. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

My apologies I was trying to reply to a different thread.  Is there a way to self edit posts?

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@6862shane,

Did you bother to check the seller's feedback profile before buying from them?  For that matter did you check the profiles of any of the sellers you have left negatives for? I wouldn't have bought from any of them.  Especially,  not one located in Israel, who lists a watch for a very low price, and has a 1 to 2 month delivery time frame. they most likely drop ship from China.

All of this seller's feedback at the time you bought the item, were for buying only.  Most new sellers do not know that ebay places a 21 day hold on their first few payments, no matter how much buying they have done, and will not ship because their payment status, shows Pending. Some will will make up excuses for not shipping, others either cancel the transactions, or ask the buyer to cancel. When you request/agree to a cancellation, you gave up your Money Back Guarantee protections, at least as it concerns an Item Not Received dispute.

They may not have refunded yet, because they do not know that the payment is there but is being held.  You can try messaging the seller and tell them to do a Google search for "Payments on hold, ebay".   If they do that they can the info they need to send a refund. 

Sellers who try to get you to revise a feedback in order to send a refund either do not know that is a policy violation, or do know and are trying to scam you.  An experienced seller would know the only way a feedback can be revised would be to send a buyer a feedback revision request or to ask for one to be sent to them.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Yikes. looking at your feedback left for others, I would guess the seller decided he just didnt want to do business with you. Maybe online shopping is not for you if you have so many bad experiences.

Thanks for posting, I suspect you have made many new best buddies today.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

As long as you've been here, you should know by now that you don't have to talk to any one, just use the MBG.

A day after the estimated delivery date Ebay gave you, open an Item Not Received case.
Go to your purchase history and click I didn't get it in the menu next to the item.
The seller will have 3 days to provide a tracking number showing it was delivered or refund.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 21
latest reply