cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How not to respond to negative feedback

I was looking for a Japanese pull saw and found one at a good price from a seller. . I was going to buy until I looked at his feedback and specifically his arrogant and rude responses to negative feedback. Good examples of how not to do this.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay allowing more characters in a feedback response is definitely some help to buyers. I have a feeling that seller does not understand buyers can see their response.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I too have moved on from sellers with unprofessional feedback or feedback responses.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Why in the world do sellers do that?  It makes them look desperate and pathetic, two things I'm sure most buyers  would rather avoid.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@bloomsburygroup,

If more people would check seller's  feedback profile pages before bidding/buying, and read the neutral comments as well as the negative ones, there would be many fewer problems for us and them to deal with. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yep. 

If I'm going to look at a seller's feedback, I look at responses left to negs and neutrals.  Any seller can make a mistake, or even get unjustified negs and neutrals.  It's how the seller handles an unhappy customer that matters. 

If I'm going to look at a buyer's feedback, I look at "Feedback Left for Others."  How often is the buyer dissatisfied with eBay transactions?  How does the buyer express that unhappiness?  That's what matters.

=

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

But what do you do when a seller starts to harass you to CHANGE your feedback? I bought a cushion recently for a chair. The Item description said it was made of Corduroy & the picture makes it look like It's over stuffed. When I got It, It was kind of flat & made of Burlap.  I left a neutral feedback & said item Is misrepresented, cheap looking & not worth my time or money to even return It.  Since then, they have messaged me 4 times within a month asking me to change my feedback. They are Asian but have their distributor here In the US. They claimed they didn't know what they were selling as the warehouse never told them. They gave me a partial refund that I never asked for In hopes I will change my feedback. I told them they needed to change their Item description as It's false advertising. They messaged back & said, well, we said it was " fiber filled". BUT  never changed the Item description. If they keep harassing me to change my feedback, who can I report them to?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@painttigercar 

Report them here:  https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 8
latest reply