cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

my grandkids were over last week and I had my computer on. They were playing a game. My 6 yr old granddaughter bought a  275.00 Chinese tea pot. I’ve contacted the seller. I suspended the card when I saw that charge because I thought someone got a hold of my numbers. 

There in China. Do I have any recourse?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Help

Do you Riccardi maybe she was logged in and just did and it slipped her mind to log out or she never felt at her kids would actually go be interested in going down to Amazon or eBay or anything like that you know I was the one mistake and being hard arm for no reason you’re being ridiculous

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Wow trust me I six-year-old if Ysidro can open a childproof bottle back and figure out how to order something on eBay I mean there’s a big blue button we have confirm hit up a year yeah wow it’s not hard trust me

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I don’t use PayPal I use my debit card and it’s two clicks the first one to pay you back now or whatever and then the second one confirm being nice blue button to six grow and loved it in and six rolls of the kids are sharp they are very sharp very smart they figure out things that will blow your mind

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Just to let you know I read some of the comments that you’ve gotten if I was you ignore those comments Mist are clueless about how smart and devious kids can be  and on eBay it’s super easy is a big blue button I’m sure they’d love to check out push it  whatever they can do don’t read the message,  start reading it if it’s positive continue reading it was negative stop don’t put yourself through  it these idiots are not work it 

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@psycho.red50-1 wrote:

I don’t use PayPal I use my debit card and it’s two clicks the first one to pay you back now or whatever and then the second one confirm being nice blue button to six grow and loved it in and six rolls of the kids are sharp they are very sharp very smart they figure out things that will blow your mind

I think you’re attempting to tell me I’m wrong. Your postings are a bit confusing.

I’m not saying it couldn’t happen. I’m just saying it just sounds odd to me that a 6 year old would go through the steps of completing a sale.

It’s really no biggie. No need to panic or give the seller grief for something that isn’t their fault.

OP should just use this as an expensive lesson to remember to turn her/his computer off when the grandkids are over. 
This time a teapot, next time they’ll be purchasing diamond rings and vacation packages. 😉

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@psycho.red50-1 wrote:

Yes absolutely if you can get a hold of eBay which is not easy trust me and you need you have to wait till probably comes in as is the bad thing but it was probably comes in then you you are ask eBay to step in that they say you’re supposed to have to sell first but I am in my experience it does no good temperature and they don’t understand the language or Just like there’s a lot of shady sellers out there good luck I contact eBay and yes you do every course

I have no idea what any of this means.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

My 6 yr old granddaughter bought a  275.00 Chinese tea pot. 

That is simply amazing.  The child managed to select it AND go through the steps required to use your credit card to pay for it. 

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Hi Friend 

I wonder how your six year old Grand daughter do this purchase. That means she knows how to do purchasing  through eBay . Marvels work . Every time sign out from eBay but if she knows how to log on to your eBay account you are unsafe. 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@goode43 wrote:

The seller cancelled the sale and took my 270.40

That is not what happened.

The buyer pays the seller. The buyer is 100% in control.

Sellers can not take money from anyone's accounts.

You do realize that the seller is charged nonrefundable fees for this.

The charge back will be investigated and they will look at what IP address the payment came from since you stated you did not recognize the transaction. Also once you filed the false claim you tied up the money on ebay. No it has to go through the investigation and the money is on hold.

You caused yourself a big headache and you just think it is all the sellers fault. The seller did NOTHING wrong.

The seller is 100% innocent in all this mess and is the one who loses money.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Ok - had to go search what was so great about a Chinese Teapot.  Holy catz - it's a whole big thang.

Be glad your GD did not click on the one at the top of the page, these are mighty expensive!  (and not something a 6 year old would typically be drawn to searching for?)  My DS is in college and I won't even give him access to my account!  😗

100% bronze 24K Gold Cloisonne Dragon phenix Tiger Turtle flagon Pot Teapot | eBay

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Why would a 6 year old buy a tea pot? I'd find the "kid did it" if it was some expensive toy, but this is a hard story to swallow.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@psycho.red50-1 wrote:

Wow trust me I six-year-old if Ysidro can open a childproof bottle back and figure out how to order something on eBay I mean there’s a big blue button we have confirm hit up a year yeah wow it’s not hard trust me

If that is what the six year old granddaughter did in this case and intentionally used the OP's credit card without authorization, it is probably good that she is only six.  If she were eighteen, the OP's credit card company could go after her or at least refuse the OP's charge back without the OP being willing to press charges for the unauthorized use of the card.  I've actually seen that happen.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 27 of 27
latest reply