cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

my grandkids were over last week and I had my computer on. They were playing a game. My 6 yr old granddaughter bought a  275.00 Chinese tea pot. I’ve contacted the seller. I suspended the card when I saw that charge because I thought someone got a hold of my numbers. 

There in China. Do I have any recourse?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Help

Since we have to presume the seller will open an unpaid item case, you will wind up with one strike on your record.

One won't do any harm, but one more in twelve months and most smart sellers won't entertain your business.

And I'm sure you know that there is no eBay requirement that the seller accept your request to cancel.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

The seller cancelled the sale and took my 270.40

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

The seller can't cancel the sale and keep the money.  Since you already reported the charge to your credit card company as fraudulent, you won't be out the money.  

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

That can't happen.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

And just a friendly reminder in case you do not  a risk of this ever happening again safe guard your computer.

And I would even suggest that you actually not allow you grandchildren on your computer at all or make the rule  that they are not allowed on your computer at all or at least not  without  your supervision ( consent or every 5-10 minute check )

Even if they try a throw a  tantrum to get you to agree 

As  others have stated seller can not keep your money and the item too

You are lucky that the seller agreed to cancel the transaction 

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

If you have received a message from eBay that your order is cancelled then you are all done.

Your order and payment were completed and by cancelling your seller automatically returns your funds which can take a few days to show up on your credit card.

This delay is normal and is down to financial institutions involved in this transaction and not caused by your seller.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I don't want to throw sour grapes, but what is the difference of this as oppose to the old "you break it you bought it" saying in the old days. If your grandkids can play with the computer and buy items, what other websites they are visiting as well. As an adult, you should be held accountable for their actions. I'm surprised the kids where able to log in to your account. 

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Might I remind you that you are responsible for purchases made on your account under the terms of the User Agreement you have with eBay.  I would strongly recommend that you sign completely out of eBay before allowing your granddaughter to play on your computer.

You reporting the transaction as fraudulent is not quite accurate since you know who it was that used the card and there was no actual fraud committed by the seller and I assume, your 6 year old granddaughter.  However, I'm somewhat curious as to how your granddaughter was able to not only initiate the purchase but also pay for it using your account?  Did you allow her unsupervised access to you payment source as well as eBay account? 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

I’m just trying to figure out how a 6 year old would go through the checkout process.

Maybe it’s different for you but when I buy something I click the Buy It Now button. Then it takes me to PayPal when I then click another button to pay.

If you’re not automatically logged into Ebay and PayPal there would be additional steps.

It just seems a bit odd that a 6 year old would have the attention span and be able to click in all the right places to make a purchase.

I don’t know. It’s been 20 years since I had a six year old so things might have changed.

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Yes absolutely if you can get a hold of eBay which is not easy trust me and you need you have to wait till probably comes in as is the bad thing but it was probably comes in then you you are ask eBay to step in that they say you’re supposed to have to sell first but I am in my experience it does no good temperature and they don’t understand the language or Just like there’s a lot of shady sellers out there good luck I contact eBay and yes you do every course

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

If she explains her side no she’ll be fine eBay will understand she just needs to explain your side and mayor what he does you know she’s trying to talk to him to explain to him and he wants to act like that you know and be greedy eBay it will understand besides what is a mark against you in all  honestly lol

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Contact eBay Tell them what’s  was gonna on they won’t leg them get away with it. After it’s all done leave seriously negative negative review those really  hurt sellers  plus eBay will give them one too and one  from eBay against him that  a really bad thing for sellers big no no

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Oh it absolutely can I’m going to right now a long story I mean you can reply my dad look for impossible seller and then there’s part two impossible seller which is a screenshot there’s also one where the screenshot I am my comment her together because I figured I had to actually do the comment correctly there’s three in here I put complaining about well I’m going through said he was shipping in the US but was China I called  his bluff so now he sends me an emails said I get it for free then he corrects his page and act like he never said it so I’m reporting him oh yes he did take it on my account sure did

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

And always sign out of eBay Amazon or anything that had your cards associated with it

Message 15 of 27
latest reply