cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please: I opened a case on 3/13 for items not as described (first time ever)

have waited til today, March 27, as per Ebay's instruction, to get Ebay's help as I've never heard from seller.  I returned said items and their delivery was confirmed (in Return Details).  I am at a loss as to how to contact Ebay to get their help getting my refunds as I haven't heard at all from seller.  Items were cellphone accessories and seller with oriental name is in California.

To clarify, Ebay had sent me 2 emails (2 items/same seller) on March 18 saying to ask for their help if I hadn't heard from seller by 3/27.  Well, I haven't.  And when I follow Ebay's online Customer Service page instruction to go to Purchase history and choose See return details there is no option called Ask eBay to step in, there is no such thing there called "Ask Ebay to step in."  

Can someone please tell me how to contact Ebay about this ?  Thank you.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything. Author Unknown
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Help please: I opened a case on 3/13 for items not as described (first time ever)

The button to ask Ebay to step in will appear at exactly the right time from the time you opened the case, and not before.  So while it may not be showing right now, when the time elapses, it will.

Then you click it to ask Ebay to step into the case.  You are escalating the case to Ebay at that point.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Help please: I opened a case on 3/13 for items not as described (first time ever)

Thanks for your help, I kind of thought that might be the case.  But  I ended up calling ebay's 1-866# and getting thru to live person who said I would be getting a refund.  Will post here when I do.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything. Author Unknown
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@papayaaqueenwrote:

Thanks for your help, I kind of thought that might be the case.  But  I ended up calling ebay's 1-866# and getting thru to live person who said I would be getting a refund.  Will post here when I do.

Ok!  And you're welcome.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You have to wait until 3/28. They said the seller has until 3/27. Today is 3/27. That means you can ask them to step in tomorrow and yes you will get a refund.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You said you opened a case and didn't hear from the seller and sent the item back. Did you receive a pre-paid return label from eBay to return the item?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Unfortunately my printer hasn't been working so I didn't.  Also, I didn't know the mailing label would be prepaid.  This was my first case against a seller and had no idea what the process was. 

So now I just checked my ebay messages and got 2 emails for both case items saying they issued refunds to 'my paypal account.'  I don't have a PP account.  Can you tell me how I can get those refunds posted against my credit card?  Thanks.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

They should show on your credit card soon keep in mind that it can take a full billing cycle for it to post.
Usually it's just a few days
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

This is what was said in today's email from ebay about getting my refund(s):

We issued you a full refund of US $6.63 on Mar 27, 2018 to your PayPal account. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

Your refund should be in your PayPal account within 48 hours. To see it, just log in to your PayPal account.

I just called ebay and told them I don't have a PP account, that I wanted credits towards my credit card for this purchases, and they told me PP would issue me the 2 refunds which will posted as credits to my credit card by 4/3.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for confirming that, dyande-0, ebay did tell me just now on phone call that I should see the credits on my credit card within 3-5 days. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Just so you are aware, PayPal processed the credit card payment when you made the purchase and that is why refunds go back to PayPal. Whether you have a PayPal account or not, PayPal applies the refund back to the original funding source which in this case is a credit card 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@papayaaqueenwrote:

"Items were cellphone accessories and seller with oriental name is in California."

OP, I'm just curious how the sellers name ties into your issue.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply