cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an 'abusive buyer' message

Got an ebay message saying I had violated the 'abusive buyer' rules. I have no idea what they mean and you can't reply to this kind of message. I thought it was a spoof and deleted it from my email but when I checked ebay it was in my messages, so it was authentic. I haven't had any hassle with any seller or buyer and haven't posted any questionable feedback, haven't returned anything, haven't asked for a refund or anything else. 

Now I have asked for and received refunds on two PayPal purchases over the last year but they had nothing to do with ebay. I've never had a letter like this in 23 years on ebay and it is very irritating. I really would like to know exactly what they think happened so I can defend myself. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Got an 'abusive buyer' message

They won't have a reason either if you contact them. Many buyers are receiving them, join the club..

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'd call Customer Support-- actually you may have better luck with the Facebook or Twitter accounts which seem to offer the clerks better training and give them more options.

I looked at your FB Left for Others but there's nothing there to raise hackles either.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You might want to check your contact information. eBay, in their distorted logic, thinks that having incorrect or missing contact info falls under their "abusive buyer"  criteria.

Demand Transpareny !

Buyers are held responsible for knowing all eBay rules, contact eBay support for identification of the specific rule you have been determined to have violated.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I don't see anything in your feedback left for others that would instigate such a warning.

Have you cancelled many bids or purchases?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Once I was warned for 'naming and shaming' another ebayer in these forums.

The victim? The only seller I'd mentioned in the post? Was me.

So, ebay accused me of naming and shaming myself. Thank you ebay.

Moral of the story: pay no attention to silliness.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@iart wrote:

Once I was warned for 'naming and shaming' another ebayer in these forums.

The victim? The only seller I'd mentioned in the post? Was me.

So, ebay accused me of naming and shaming myself. Thank you ebay.

Moral of the story: pay no attention to silliness.

I was warned I might have even had a mini vacation...for someone else's post...the warning sent to me contained a post I didn't make my user name was no where on it.  It was someone talking bad about me was the kicker.  They didn't name me but it was in reply to a post I made.   I messaged back objecting and never got a response. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 8
latest reply