cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full contents not sent. Seller now silent

I purchased a lot of 16 graphic shirts recently, upon receiving I found only 14 in the shipment. Each shirt was pictured individually in the listing, so I know which ones I am short. 

I contacted the seller about this (Aug 13th) and they said they had video of lots getting packed, and it would be reviewed. Response came 20 mins after my message to them.

After not hearing back, I follow up on the 16th....I hear nothing. 

Aug 18, I open a item not recieved request. I attach in the message 2 shirts are still missing, would be content with either partial refund or the shirts. Seller quips back (within the hour) that lot was received over a week ago, and left it at that. 

I have since tried two messages in the request and one DM about the 2 resolution paths to take, and have received no further communication. 

I'm not confident Ebay will do anything about this, so I'm curious what other steps I should take?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Close that case and open an item not as described,with missing items, or Ebay will rule in the buyers favor, because you did receive something and the tracking is all Ebay goes by.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorry.."rule in the sellers favor".

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Close the INR case, since you received something. Open a Return request, citing 'Doesn't match description and photos'. You have 30 days from receipt to open a claim.

You'll be required to return the 14 shirts you received (for a full refund) if the seller sends you a return shipping label, so hang on to those. If the seller doesn't send you a return label, escalate the case to eBay after 3 days. They'll force a refund from your seller.

The seller may offer a partial refund for the missing 2 shirts, so be ready for that, too. Good luck.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, you clicked the wrong button.  You have to go with not as described if you received anything.  INR only looks at tracking, and your package was delivered.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@kartrac3r wrote:

I purchased a lot of 16 graphic shirts recently, upon receiving I found only 14 in the shipment. Each shirt was pictured individually in the listing, so I know which ones I am short. 

Aug 18, I open a item not recieved request. I attach in the message 2 shirts are still missing, would be content with either partial refund or the shirts.

I'm not confident Ebay will do anything about this, so I'm curious what other steps I should take? 

What other steps should you take?

1. Close the item not received request, as you'll lose because tracking shows Delivered.

2. After closing that request, you are still allowed to click RETURN THIS ITEM

- to start a MISSING PARTS OR PIECES return request,

- upload photos of the messages,

- add a short comment,

- click Submit.

3. After 3 business days, if the seller pretends to send the missing shirts or it's a no response, ask eBay to step in.

eBay provided the MISSING PARTS OR PIECES return request specifically to get a refund for the missing parts or pieces. 

ra876999_0-1692743901389.jpeg

Every other reason on the list @kartrac3r requires everything to be returned in order to get a refund.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks everyone. Starting to take these steps. I was thinking once the request was closed further action might not be available 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply