cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I have been buying on ebay for quite a few years..I have bought about 10-12 items latly, and none have givin feedback, but they want it in return. Whats up with that? Anyone else notice?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Feedback

Since a buyer can only receive positive feedback, some sellers think it's a waist of time and don't worry about leaving any.

Some sellers won't leave any until after the buyer does.

Some buyers won't leave any until after the seller does.

Feedback is optional and pretty much worthless now days and neither side has to leave any.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

I would only add that some sellers leave feedback all at once, often getting  close to the 60 day window of opportunity.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

"... but they want it in return."

@bird0477 

Brings to mind the seller who woke up to "Here's the feedback you've been pestering me for" right next to a red donut. Doh...

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

Thank you all, just seemed wierd, they allways used to..oh well it is what it is!!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

IMO, as a buyer, the only feedback that is worthy is feedback as a seller. That is a "Make or break" when choosing a seller.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

I have never had a seller ask for feedback first. And I do buy on eBay.

We as sellers(some) give feedback after a buyer mentions item(s) received...especially if they are expensive items. I do leave feedback right away for inexpensive items but will wait for a buyer to leave feedback first for an expensive item so I know buyer is happy.

If you want more feedback...leave feedback and the seller will leave feedback. I have never known a seller not leaving feedback if a buyer receives it first. It's like a safety net for some sellers.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

Thats the problem, I have allways left feedback as soon as I recieve product. And never get it back..now the way I look at it is you as seller would want my business, I am buying from you, not the other way around! Cause I just keep a list of those that do not leave feedback, and refuse to buy from them again, get it?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

I never directly ask for feedback.  Ever.  I get what I get, and I'm good with that.  I always leave feedback when a buyer pays after I have their item packed and ready to go.  And its always a thank you and the ship date.

I don't reply to positives either normally.  I did to one where a seller used the positive as a negative.  But that was the only time.  But then in a sense I did the same to them.  *shrug

Now, eBay will send reminders for feedback, but that's not the seller doing it.  But some buyers may interpret that as such.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

@bird0477 wrote:

Thats the problem, I have allways left feedback as soon as I recieve product. And never get it back..now the way I look at it is you as seller would want my business, I am buying from you, not the other way around! Cause I just keep a list of those that do not leave feedback, and refuse to buy from them again, get it?

Hi @bird0477 

Your profile shows that you’ve actually received more feedbacks than you’ve left … which is the opposite of most of us who post with our buying ID.

I’m a buyer only, and I’ve to say that your comment I quoted made me cringe.  It conveys the attitude that buyers are somehow superior to sellers … rather than fellow eBay members.  Get it?  😉

[Do you know of any other selling venue where buyers receive feedback?  It’s actually a remnant of when eBayers could ‘swap’ items … which blurred the distinction between buyers and sellers.]

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

Cause I just keep a list of those that do not leave feedback, and refuse to buy from them again, get it?

@bird0477 

I base who I do repeat business with on whether or not I'm satisfied with the Order, not on the feedback I might not get.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

@bird0477 

< I just keep a list of those that do not leave feedback, and refuse to buy from them again >     

I have left feedback for every item I've bought since my first, except one.  I appreciate it when the seller leaves me feedback, too, but if they don't, it's not a big deal.  I don't come here to buy feedback. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

Cause I just keep a list of those that do not leave feedback, and refuse to buy from them again, get it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I get it, but I just don't "get it"..............

As a buyer what are you going to do with the feedback?

Is it like getting an achievement sticker in kindergarten?

Note: When I ship the purchase............  the buyer gets the meaningless feedback from me.

I looked. Did I miss it? Does  Wally put up a large public billboard for all to see when someone pays for their item?  Places that I purchase have a "thank you" on the receipt...........  for me to see, ........................not a thank you, you are just so wonderful,  up on the wall, or online for the world to see.

I would say I average less than 20% feedback from my buyers.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Feedback

As a seller, I give my buyers FB nearly 100% of the time, but I only receive 30% back.  I don't really care.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 14
latest reply