cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay - Please Stop Automatically directing my clicks on old Auctions to New Vendors!

I have often lost bidding wars but still went back to check some features on a recently ended auction.  I have always liked the option to do this, because it may remind me to add certain details to my next search criteria, or whatever.  

Recenly, however, I noticed that instead of linking me to the ended auction, the 'see original auction' feature takes me NOT to the original auction, but to an entirely NEW auction that isn't really even an auction by a vendor just selling the same or similar products.  I find this highly irritating and am wondering what a guy has to do to get the old features back.  Thank you,

Rick G

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ebay - Please Stop Automatically directing my clicks on old Auctions to New Vendors!

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger~this hasn't proven to be popular, from what I can see.

BUT I understand if you look, there is a blue link that if you click on it, it WILL bring up the original listings.  I haven't tried this yet myself, but that is what I have read.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: Ebay - Please Stop Automatically directing my clicks on old Auctions to New Vendors!

@adelfiguy wrote:

I find this highly irritating and am wondering what a guy has to do to get the old features back.

Rick, you do realize this is a member-to-member discussion and that no one posting here is an eBay employee . . .

That being said, you can't get the old features back exactly the way the were--unless eBay listens to dissatified members and eventually rolls back the "enhancement." No one likes it.

But I can still see your original listing on, for example, your completed auctions. Maybe if you explained a bit about what you can't see, other posters can help you. It's been the topic of dozens of discussion board threads lately, so we've all figured out a work around . . .

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@adelfiguy,

How are you looking up the ended auctions?  Are you doing an Advanced search by Seller, or are you searchng by item title / item number, and checking Completed or Sold listings? 

Before replying I did 5 Advanced searches, using title and 2 using item number.  In each case I was able to open the original listing. 

If you are tying to find ended listings by "seller" you are now directed down the advanced search page, you add the sellers name/ID in the box, then scroll back up and check the sold or completed listings box.

If you are using the app, things may work differently.  You may want to try logging in the classic way so you get all of the site features.  Some features do not work well with members who use Chrome as well.  I did my searches using firefox. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I'm finding this happen on listings from my watchlist that are ended. Perhaps relisted. It shows me something completely different and is totally useless for me.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes--in my Watchlist now, when I click on "view relisted item" I'm taken NOT to the relisted item but to some other listing. However if I copy the title of the the listing that ended and search for that, I'm directed (most of the time) to the relisted item. Why have a link to "view relisted item" if you can't get to it that way??? SMH

Spoiler

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@linamoon09, @the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth

OK I just went to my recently cleared out watch list and tried an ended listing, and was directed to it, and was able to use the view original listing button.  I also went to a relisted item, and clicked on the view relisted button from the watch list page, and the listing popped up. Then just to check, I logged out waited a few minutes and logged back in.  I tried then again and one opened a page with 2 rows of  "items others bought", with the listing under them.  At least those items were in the same category, but miles from te original item in the listing. 

I use a temp internet and cookie cache cleaner once a day, and sometimes more if I am doing a lot of searching or researching. I do not seem to experience some of the problems others have reported.  I have noticed after running only ebay searches, that I end up with a lot of files to be removed.   Just a thought. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I cleared out my watchlist but I think it happened if I tried to click on a relist and the relist had already sold. I've been out of the office for a couple of weeks so I had several that were like that.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I'm with @mudshark61369. Granted, it's a much more cumbersome process than it was before, and I don't like it at all, but I can still see those completed/sold/relisted listings. I also empty my cache quite often throughout the browsing day.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

If you are still having this issue, try this:  When you click on the item you want to check and you get the message "the listing you are looking for is no longer available" click on the word listing.  That will bring up the listing you want to check and then click on the "see original listing", scroll past the "more chances to get what you want" and the original listing is there.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Yes - I realize that this is member-to-member, but eBay employees keep an eye on the discussions to get a sense of what their customers like and what they don't.  They, in fact, suggested I post here because it would more likely get their attention than my calling them directly.  As to the blue link that says 'see original posting', I'd love a work around that actually takes me to the original posting.  It seems every time I've tried to get to it, I end up on a 3rd party vendor.  Thanks!

Rick

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Hi Nadir ozen stop bidding motorcycle silver.honda rebel SILVER COLOR.I'M NOT INTERESTING $910 OVER JUST JOYK FOR SELLER MEN # S T O P B I D D I N G # OK GOIN COURT ABOUT E-BAY OK .UNDERSTOOD...
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Nadir ozen STOP BIDDING  SILER COLOUR  HONDA REBEL STIIL.GOIN ..I'M NOT BIDDING  NOW$ 930 US **bleep**. LAST TIME  SUZIKI   MOTORCYCLE  YOU.DAN SAME OK. NOT PAYIN $910   US.OKNOW.GOIN HIGHEST $930 US NOT ME NOT GOIN $ 1200  US  BUL**bleep** .OK.STOP BIDDING GOIN AVUSTRALYA OMBUDSMEN  COURT OK.STOP.STOP. STOP. BIDDING ILYETH....

**bleep**..OK...

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Often the suggestions are hysterically funny rather than being a selling tool. The wrong size, looks completely different, etc. It never ceases to amaze me what bots come up with!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply