cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked from bidding/purchasing from a seller

I have made 14 purchases from an eBay seller since the end of 2023. I always paid immediately and left + FB upon receiving said items.  Today when attempting to make another purchase I received a message saying the seller won't allow me to bid a/o buy another of their listings. 

Please help me understand what is happening and why I'm blocked. Many thanks- Christine 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Sorry, but I don't know why you are blocked. I won't even try to guess. 
When sellers block you, you also cannot send messages. I suggest you move on, find another seller willing to do business with you.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

What is the exact wording of the message?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi @christincorbet-3 

I’m sorry this happened … but there’s no way to find out that I know of IF the message you received said something like, “This seller isn’t accepting bids or offers from you at this time.”

Sellers usually block communication at the same time they block buying … so the seller won’t see any messages you send to them.

I don’t see anything in the recent feedback you left that would be concerning.  Did you possibly return any items to them?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you"....I've writeen the seller politely asking for an explanation...CC

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@christincorbet-3 wrote:

"the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you"....I've writeen the seller politely asking for an explanation...CC

Unfortunately, your question won't be answered because the seller won't receive it. 

Prior to trying to bid or make an offer, did you ask any questions or make any requests (pictures, accuracy of listing, returning it, etc.) of the seller?  

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@christincorbet-3,

Since you have bought several items from the seller in the last 4 months, if you the last item you bought was less than 30 days ago, go to the listing in your purchase history and message the seller from it.  Even if you are on their blocked buyer list for some reason, messages sent about a transaction still within ebay's 30 day return window will be delivered to them.

If you purchased an item from the seller in the last week, and your seller has a low feedback number, they may not know about a default Buyer Requirement setting that: 

Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought ( 1 v) of my items in the last 10 days.

If you think that could be the reason for not being able to bid on or buy their items, in your message tell them to go to their Seller hub > click on Buyer Management >  then look at the setting for limits on purchases for the last 10 days and change it to a higher number.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Sellers can set their buyer requirements to not accept purchases from buyers who've bought from them within a certain past period of time.  Perhaps that's the issue with that particular seller and you? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

Since you have bought several items from the seller in the last 4 months, if you the last item you bought was less than 30 days ago, go to the listing in your purchase history and message the seller from it.  Even if you are on their blocked buyer list for some reason, messages sent about a transaction still within ebay's 30 day return window will be delivered to them.

Those messages will not go through @mudshark61369 . eBay changed this last year. If a buyer is on a seller's blocked buyer list, eBay blocks all messages from that buyer, regardless of a recent transaction. It's a terrible change and sellers have no control over the message block.

Read more here if you're interested:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Changes-to-Buyer-Blocks/td-p/33977166

If you see this message block creating problems please do tag kyle@ebay as he's been passing on our feedback about this. I'm still fighting, hoping eBay will see reason and change the message block back to the seller's control.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Was it one of the sellers you left negative feedback for? The one you cussed at in Spanish? 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply