cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blatantly counterfeit coins being sold

eBay “customer service" rep decides the listing with multiple reports of fake coins and listings with stock pics when item delivered is blatant low quality counterfeit is not in violation of eBay’s counterfeit policy. Total **bleep**. Why bother with a counterfeit policy ? This guy is going to continue to screw buyers who don't know any better. Pitiful. Contact me eBay and I can show you why this should be stopped. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you really think it would be legit coming from China?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would have hit the back button fast with that sellers bad fb for selling fakes. Doesnt matter if he doesnt accept reutrns, did you file an item not as described case? He states the coin is authentic. 66% positive feedback? Lordy!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

He was very good at most being overt that he was in China. Otherwise would’ve never trusted it. Caveat emptor on my part for sure. Still **bleep** that eBay won’t stop him. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Although it goes against my interests, be very careful buying coins on this site! There are lots of fakers out there selling lots of crapola. Not just here, watch out everywhere! People even come in my storefront and try to sell me fake PCGS graded junk (obviously not really graded by PCGS).

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I dont know how you could miss that that seller was located in China. The only way to put a bad seller on Ebays radar is with opening a case either for inr, or snad. Enough of those, and the seller will be suspended.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Coins are best purchased in person where you can look at them first.    While most fakes are easy to spot and a buyer can return them on eBay.  There are other countries where the craftsman are very good at changing dates and mint marks.  Those can be very hard to detect.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply