cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019-S Silver Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof

The Release of the highly anticipated coin from the U.S. Mint Has been abused by a LARGE quantity of sellers on Ebay. I won several auctions for this coin and shortly after that as demand and prices increased the sellers after receiving your payment E-mail you and say their was an error in the order and the coin and they are working with the mint.Then you see the item  was Re-listed or sold for a higher amount. So not only did the seller not hold up their end of the deal,now you have to deal with trying to get your money back. The sellers should be held to the same accounts as the buyers, when you list something and it sells and you collect the money then that should be a binding contract plain and simple..This is pure Greed by the sellers..Not FAIR...

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: 2019-S Silver Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof

These coins are a 1 off Very limited run. They are Increasing in price by 10% daily. some say an ungraded coin will be selling for $2000 by the end of the year..We will see!
Message 16 of 49
latest reply

Wont bother them,they will still be profiting by $400+ depending on how often they re-list the coin.If you look most of these sellers have 1 or 2 sales and '0' feedback..just out for the $$$.LOL
Message 17 of 49
latest reply

Only 30,000 were minted. Lowest mintage of any in the series, which began in 1986. Even if there were only a couple million people collecting these, you can see how many will have to go without one.
Message 18 of 49
latest reply

@eclectic64beer wrote:
Only 30,000 were minted. Lowest mintage of any in the series, which began in 1986. Even if there were only a couple million people collecting these, you can see how many will have to go without one.

I don't know much about coins but,

1. They are not out there in general circulation it's not like a silver dollar from 100 years ago.

2. From American Pickers, anything made specifically for collecting is generally worth less than something that becomes a collectible on it's own. 

Message 19 of 49
latest reply

They are really pretty, but still only one ounce of silver. Seems crazy to me.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 20 of 49
latest reply

Ha! I love 'Pickers'! Everything you say is true. There's only about $17 worth of silver in the coins, and they will never be in circulation. However, there is a 1995-W Silver Eagle which has a slightly higher mintage, and they are selling for a minimum of $3000. There is old currency that sells for thousands of dollars, and they , of course, have no precious metal content. There are old movie posters worth thousands of dollars. It's all about supply and demand. People who have the complete series of this set, going back to 1986, will be far more willing to pay outrageous prices for this coin, in order ensure that they maintain a complete collection, than will be the granddad who just likes to give one to his grandkids for Christmas. So, I agree, it's all a bit ridiculous, but, such is the nature of the hobby.

Message 21 of 49
latest reply

Yes I agree I had the whole 1995-W gold and silver set last year/PF-69 ASE- the AGE's were all PF-70's. 31,000 mintage.Everyone wants a bargain.I also have a lot of silver bullion and some old Horse blanket notes, some confederate bills.Next on my Bucket list is a $500 bill. Maybe when the money comes back from the coins that I just lost out on,I will by one.I wanted a few of theses E/RP eagles, but I will stick with the (2) I managed to get a hold of. Hope it was a wise decision LOL
Message 22 of 49
latest reply

Oh, I can blame them! I paid $499 for my coin, which is more than 7.5 times what my seller paid for it. That's a pretty good profit margin, by any measure! But, even that wasn't enough for my seller, who was overcome by greed, and reneged on his CONTRACT. He could have listed the coin in an actual 'auction', and made a small fortune, and that would have been perfectly fine. But, he didn't. He set a price. I paid his price. Then, he went back on his word. You are very lucky to have obtained one for $500. I, finally, broke down, (again), and paid $1095 for one. Even though it's killing my finances in the short term, like you, I think, (hope), that there is more upside to this coin. The infamous 1995-W Silver Eagle, which was only available with the four gold coin set, has a slightly higher mintage, and is currently selling at a minimum of $3000. So,......fingers crossed. As for how some were able to obtain multiple coins? I've read that some dealers offered commissions to anyone who was able to obtain one of these coins for them. (I hope it was one hell of a commission!)  

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

@eclectic64beer wrote:

There is old currency that sells for thousands of dollars, and they , of course, have no precious metal content. There are old movie posters worth thousands of dollars. It's all about supply and demand. 

Never understood people collecting paper goods. Coins, OK. They're metal and will be around for millenia. Maybe paper money. It's made of high quality paper/cotton blends and should last hundreds of years. But things like posters? They will probably turn to dust in 100 years without expensive preservative measures. 

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

Yes your right on point.We had our annual Coin show In Oct,and several of the dealers that I know offered me Double the mint sale price if I could get one LMAO. I knew nothing about buying from the mint, so I signed up and set a reminder.The auction started at 7am here in Hawaii, so at 6:58 lol I started my checkout procedure had all my billing and payment info entered,Heart pounding, breathing heavy, giddy with anticipation got all the way to the Purchase @ 7:01 hit the button, Sorry no more available. LOL. So I went to Ebay and low and behold at a 10 times mark up ..there they were.LOL
Message 25 of 49
latest reply

ROFLMAO!!!
Message 26 of 49
latest reply

Thanks for that. There was no 'feedback' button under 'other actions', but I was able to leave feedback using the link you provided. It's pretty meager 'justice', but it's better than nothing.

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

Wow, that's nuts! I went to Ebay a half hour, or so, after the sellout, and the cheapest one I saw was $245. That's insane, I thought. What I wouldn't give to have that moment back! (Then again, would I actually have received that coin if I had been able to buy it? Based upon my recent experience I would say, probably not.)

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

I doubt it ,they would have done the same thing lol. I'm shocked my $550 purchase is still valid, Thats what he say's anyway! Correct me if i'm wrong,Still checking Ebay for the coins and came across a listing by someone from POLAND. Now how does someone from Poland get one of these coins in hand in 9 days,Yet we were shut out?Laughing so hard now..
Message 29 of 49
latest reply

Keep in mind I didn't read all the posts, But.

What would this thread look like if the $499.00 price had dropped to $250.00 instead of increasing?
Message 30 of 49
latest reply