Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

No recourse for partial order

I ordered two of an item and only received one. I then wrote to the seller 3 times with no reply. I notified eBay and got a form letter from eBay stating “that the item was shipped and received”. Obviously there is no protection if a shipper only shi...

DO NOT BUY FROM SELLERS IN CHINA THEY RIP YOU OFF

I purchased a glucose moniter watch from a chinese seller; I was hesitent because i have been ripped off before from a chinese seller they kept putting me off until it was out time to get my money back and ebay did not help or care. Now it is happeni...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

MacBook bound to email of seller

Hello, I ordered a second-hand MacBook air (in Dec 2023) and when I got it I could use my apple account. Some months afterwards, I had to to reset the laptop and now am stuck. There is an email associated to the laptop. I guess the previous user has ...

s-l1600.jpg

High pricing !

What is going on with eBay ! Why is everything so expensive now ? I'm looking at used items with high pricing on them ! They're almost as much as the items I can pay for brand new at a retail store, I am about ready to close my account this is gettin...

Resolved! I was charged extra by Fedex - who is to blame eBay or the seller ?

I have bought an item with shipping through "eBay International Shipping". VAT and all shipping charges should have been included in that. Despite this, a few weeks after delivery Fedex has sent me an invoice for VAT and some administrative shipping ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Scam? Very Odd. For a yard Seed Spreader.

Hello everyone. This is new for me. I ordered a seed spreader for my yard. Nothing special. First seller (He was fairly new to eBay). Shipped item through FEDEX. OK? It was free shipping and FEDEX is expensive. FEDEX delivered a small, small package ...

Case opened against buyer

HiThe seller said he opened a case against me, sent photos etc to eBay. He sent me a case number.I have never had this happen before. How do I find out information about the case? Thank YouBob

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bad

People who posted did not help at all and didn't read correctly.  

Resolved! Seller will not honor warranty

I bought a cordless tool item with a 5-year warranty. I only used the item once and stored it. 8 months later, I needed it again, and when I tried to use it, it did not work. I contacted the seller about the warranty, and they responded and asked for...

Ebay cards to pay for a vehicle

I was trying to buy a vehicle from a seller. I was told to go to a store and buy ebay cards to pay for the vehicle. Once I bought the cards I was to then take a picture of the cards showing the numbers on the back and send this to them. Is this a com...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Coupon Code don’t work

I recently tried to purchase a set of tires that cost $800 plus, the promotion at the time was 20% off all items $500.00 or more but the promo code didn’t work, so I contacted the seller & they assured me that those item I was buying did qualify for ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers "Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ? I've asked a fe...

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png
Most Marked as Helpful Authors