eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
eBay Employee

eBay Bucks Rewards Program Open to All U.S. Buyers

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the eBay Bucks Rewards Program is now available as of today (August 3, 2010) to all buyers in the U.S. The eBay Bucks Rewards Program gives buyers the opportunity to earn 2% back on qualifying purchases paid with PayPal.

For more information on the eBay Bucks Rewards Program, please visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
Program Terms and Conditions

The eBay Bucks team will be monitoring this thread during regular business hours (9-5pm PT) to answer your questions and collect your feedback on the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. Please use this thread for eBay Bucks questions and comments only.

We look forward to your feedback!

Frank
eBay Bucks team
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: eBay Bucks Rewards Program Open to All U.S. Buyers

in reply to frankm@ebay.com
Why am I being told that I am not eligible for Ebay bucks. Has the program gone into effect yet for all US buyers?
Please use plain text.
eBay Employee

Dear dsen_9,

To be able to enroll, you have to
[1] be a registered member on www.ebay.com
[2] with an eBay account in good standing (no hold or suspension)
[3] and be a legal U.S. resident 18 years of age or older
[4] with a U.S. registration address tied to your eBay account.

So while U.S. residents are eligible in almost all cases, there are a few scenarios where it is not possible to sign up.
Often it turns out that they aren’t registered on www.ebay.com (but for example www.ebay.ca).

The full Terms and Conditions can be found here: http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/terms.html.

Frank
eBay Bucks team
Please use plain text.
Community Member

How nice for US buyers - you'll let us buy on US site and use Paypal but get nothing from you in return.
Thanks once again from Canada
Please use plain text.
Community Member

How nice for US buyers - you'll let us buy on US site and use Paypal but get nothing from you in return.
Thanks once again from Canada

I feel just like cobox. X-(
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi Frank. I just signed up for Ebay bucks and wish Ebay could have sent me this sooner. I recently purchase in the Month of July Approx $600.00 dollars worth of merchandise and was wondering if Ebay can credit those purchases to me for Ebay Bucks being that I have been a very good customer and Loyal to Ebay for a long time. I think it's the least Ebay can do for us to kick this off to a good start.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

otnas -

Don't we all wish.

Just be glad we have it now!

Thanks for finally going public with this!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi,
I'm an Ebay seller for a year with 72 star rating, but my listings are not qualified to ebay bucks. This way the sellers with much higher feedback have a serious advantage of me.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I shop on Ebay through EBATES which earns me rebates on my purchases. Can I still do this and earn Ebay Bucks too?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I'd like to utilize this offer, but do NOT feel comfortable giving out a credit/debit card number to pay for the chosen item. Is there some way I can pay through Paypal?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I shop on Ebay through EBATES which earns me rebates on my purchases. Can I still do this and earn Ebay Bucks too?

I was chosen to participate months ago, at the initial limited roll-out. I have been doing both with no problem since the beginning.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I'd like to utilize this offer, but do NOT feel comfortable giving out a credit/debit card number to pay for the chosen item. Is there some way I can pay through Paypal?

I generally pay with my tied checking account through Paypal or with whatever balance may be there and have no problems getting the bucks credited or using them. I don't even have to do anythng different--just bid and pay. Often earned bucks are there almost immediately. When I had a seller not ship and I was refunded, the bucks disappeared from my balance without me doing anything. When a certificate is available to use, it just comes off (but I do have the option to save it for future use) before my next payment is fully processed. When I don't use it all, the balance stays for next time.
Please use plain text.
the_right_stuff99
Community Member

Hi,
I'm an Ebay seller for a year with 72 star rating, but my listings are not qualified to ebay bucks. This way the sellers with much higher feedback have a serious advantage of me.

I see the eBay Bucks message on your listings. Why do you think you're not qualified?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am an active seller on eBay and even though I have enrolled in the program. I am not seeing the logo on my items and I was unable to locate the qualifications for listing items. I sell comic books, toys, statues and action figures.

thanks for any help.
-Andy
Please use plain text.
the_right_stuff99
Community Member

I am an active seller on eBay and even though I have enrolled in the program. I am not seeing the logo on my items and I was unable to locate the qualifications for listing items. I sell comic books, toys, statues and action figures.

thanks for any help.
-Andy

You don't enroll as a seller; you enroll as a buyer. You don't have to do anything at all as a seller. You can't see the logo on your items because they're YOURS; you can't bid on them. I see the logo on your listings, because I CAN bid on them.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Dear gamerscircle,
dr_strangelove99 is correct -- as a seller, you don't have to do anything (not even enroll in the eBay Bucks program). Your items are automatically showing eBay Bucks for those buyers who are participating in the program.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Being active duty in the U.S. Navy stationed overseas, I have an FPO address. Even though it is a U.S. address I cannot participate in this new program. I am definitely someone who can use to save some $$$$'s.
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello Frank,

When I saw the ad I felt very excited, but the territorial limitation has discouraged me. Why I can sell and buy on eBay, but I can not use the new program?

I will stop all my shopping until you include everyone in the program, as it should be.

I am very happy with eBay, and I hope that "eBay Bucks" is for all.

Thanks eBay and Frank, I know that you will remove these restrictions very soon.
Please use plain text.
chopped*liver
Community Member

leewardgirl --
I don't understand why you can't participate. An FPO/APO address IS a US address. You are a legal Resident of the US, and (I assume) you are registered thru the eBay.com site. So what's the problem? Have you actually tried to register for the eBay Bucks program? If you weren't able to, what was the message from eBay?

"Eligible Participants. An "Eligible Participant" means an eBay user who meets the following criteria:

1.1 Is a registered member of www.ebay.com with an eBay account in good standing (no hold or suspension) and is a legal U.S. resident 18 years of age or older with a U.S. registration address tied to his/her eBay account;"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are of course free to ignore anything I have to say on any topic here -- after all, I'm just chopped*liver...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Being active duty in the U.S. Navy stationed overseas, I have an FPO address. Even though it is a U.S. address I cannot participate in this new program. I am definitely someone who can use to save some $$$$'s.
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

Hi leewardgirl,
thanks for reporting this issue, this is very helpful.
What you are describing is not expected behavior. We will be working to fix this, unfortunately it will take some time to do so -- please expect it to be resolved around the end of this month.
Please use plain text.