cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst experience ever

Never again 7 years with eBay and just realized Amazon is the way to go I will not spend a dime on eBay sellers lie eBay lie 2 times and they are ok with the fact that they lie , lol what a joke of a company, I’m going to make so much noise for this until I cost you that money that you cost me , horrible customer service, don’t even called them according to the resolution team lol so you are doomed if you need help just go to amazon and talked to a customer service and see the difference , by the way the seller’s reviews also are fake 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Worst experience ever

How did they lie? You have not outlined what happened.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Worst experience ever

How did they lie? You have not outlined what happened.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

No one who works for eBay is on the community board only buyers and sellers

Sorry you are unhappy

often if you post the issue you are having with a seller or a transaction the community members can help.

Goodbye

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

@shahijabari_0,

You never explained to us what your issue was, so how do you expect us to help you?  I took a guess about what your issue was based on what others have posted about having problems with ebay's customer service, who by the way you cannot call directly.  Your reply was to call us Liars, so since you will not give us the info we need to offer help, and you think we all lie, Good Luck shopping on Amazon.  I hope if you fall for a scam on that site, that their customer service reps can help, but there are some things that even they can't deal with, as my wife who loves that site, found out.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

What number is this +1 (866) 540-3229?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

Call the phone company they will know  

Ebay cs does not have a direct phone number 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

@shahijabari_0 wrote:

It's not Ebay.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

@shahijabari_0 wrote:

It is an old eBay CS number that hasn't been used by eBay since 2020. You can still find it online, but it now will connect you with scammers. Ebay hasn't had a direct CS number since the pandemic. You now have to request a call back. You should never use a CS number you find anywhere except on the company's website.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

@shahijabari_0,

The information given to you by kathiec is right, that is an old customer service phone number, now being used by a consumer advocacy group Elliot Report.  The only way to speak to an ebay rep is to scroll to the bottom of an ebay page, click on the Contact us button under the Help & Contact header, answer a bunch of questions, then request a call back.

OR, You could try explaining what your issue is on this topic, and see if we can help you.  Of course you would have to trust that we are not all liars, as you seem to think.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

That’s what I did and they called me back from that number? Are those people work for ebay ?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

@shahijabari_0,

If you used the Contact us button from an ebay page then you did receive a call back from a rep who works for a 3rd party Call/chat center hired by ebay to handle customer service issues.  Though I find it very strange that a separate company Elliott Report, that is a self proclaimed consumer advocacy group, is giving out an active ebay customer service phone number, which does not accept incoming calls.

The reps you speak to or chat with, who work for a call center, are given a book with the most common issues in it, which may not cover all situations, and if the rep you spoke to does not use ebay themselves, they have no personal experience to fall back on, when a problem is presented that is not completely covered in the book. Some actually give out false information to get people they can't help, to get them off of the phone.

AS I and others have written before in this topic and the one you posted a week ago.  Link below if you cannot find it) If you tell us the specifics of your issue, we may be able to help you.  The only thing you cannot do is post the seller's username. You can post the ebay item number which may let us get info about the seller that will help us.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Customer-service-can-t-help-you/td-p/34447751

What we need to know is:

The date you bought the item and what was its last estimated delivery date?  Your order details has that information in it.

When was it sent and did you receive it? If you did get it, how long ago was it delivered?

If the item arrived but was not as described, the wrong item, or did not work, what actions did you take?

If tracking showed Delivered did you actually receive anything? If you did not, what steps have you taken so far, other than contacting ebay and opening a dispute.

We are not employed by ebay, but daily we help people on these boards with their issues. We may not always be able to help everyone with their problems, but we do our best based on our experience with the site and its policies gained over many years of dealing with other's questions and problems. 

Today being Mother's Day I have family obligations to tend to.  If you answer the questions above, some one else may be along who can tell you what to do if anything.  I will likely not be back before tomorrow morning.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

@terrycece62said: No one who works for eBay is on the community board only buyers and sellers

I work at eBay.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

Item delivered to the wrong address and contacted FedEx and they said the shipper can call and hold the delivery, the seller lied and said he called but he never did , called FedEx and they said they will delay the delivery to give the shipper more time but the supervisor at FedEx said he never called , the seller told me it’s not his fault it’s eBay so I contacted eBay and they said no the seller is lying he needs to call and told me don’t worry you will get your refund on the item , contacted the seller and told him we can avoid this problem because I did need the item and he ignored me the 3rd day I did the same thing and contacted eBay and the assured me for the second time that I will get refund by Tuesday of the following week and the following week nothing happened so I contacted eBay and same thing they said open a case and I did and next thing I know that they closed the case in the seller favor called eBay and like you see here they have no clue about anything, they blame it on the 3rd party customer service that they hired to do a job and clearly they don’t want to take responsibility, running in circles and lie and say that’s not our number , pure evil and liars but this what you get when you buy from eBay fake people and lies been buying items form eBay for 7 years and the one time I need help this what they do. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

That’s what I did from the website and the app 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Worst experience ever

@shahijabari_0 wrote:

Item delivered to the wrong address 

When your item was delivered to the wrong address, file a dispute at this page*

-- with "The item was delivered to the wrong address" like this:

jaja_2942_0-1715538596518.jpeg

If the seller replies with the fake tracking that actually says Delivered, it will be copied to you like this:

jaja_2942_1-1715539435783.jpeg

And then a few minutes later, you'll get your refund like this:

jaja_2942_2-1715539529727.jpeg

Otherwise contact your card issuer @shahijabari_0 and explain your fake tracking, to get your refund.

*File within 180 days of payment. Whereas not as described disputes will drop to 30 days on May 20, 2024.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply