Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

sellers items don't exist

I tried to purchase item 12-10661-00318 (a gas rototiller) and I never received it. I contacted Ebay and the seller gave them a bad tracking number. I now see the the seller is selling 2 more of the same item for the same price. He is also selling a ...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Complete the purchase

I looked at something then this something appeared in my watchlist. I removed it from watchlist. However it is in the buying notification with “complete the purchase” order! No such item in my cart or in purchase history. Can anyone point out why thi...

Buying from a new Ebay user (action)

Hello All, I haven't participated in actions before but I might do that soonish as I see a potential interest in an item I want to bid on. BUT the thing is:1. The user is new and has 0 reviews2. It's an laptop and I need to ship it to my friends plac...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Condition is "New" - shady or something else?

I've seen a lot of listings that say Condition is "New" What does this mean when the word new is in quotes?Why would a seller do that? If it's new, it's new not "New"?

Resolved! False Advertising:

I recently bought and item from a seller who listed the item as Functional and in Very Good Condition. When the item arrived I unwrapped it and tried it out. Nothing completely Dead. I emailed the seller which said no returns and some effort on my pa...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

Item not received

So we all know how bad the usps is I ordered not an expensive item but you know it was about 9.00 the shipper sent on the 3 rd it’s only coming from Pennsylvania. It almost 2 weeks late. My grandmother who works for the post office. Sends. Stuff to m...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

What would you do in this situation?

Okay so a few days ago I bought a phone as a gift for my daughter. The phone title said for example it was phone Brand A and version 2I happened to look at the photo a little closer after ordering and noticed that the Brand was A as stated but the ve...

How does ebay handle Triangle Schemes involving Stolen Credit Info Laundering?

Apparently, there are many sellers on ebay pretending to be domestic, who are really based in China, who are laundering credit card/bank account information. I'd like to know how to report this, and what ebay is doing about it. This just happened to ...

Item not received

I imagine I'm likely out of luck but I thought I'd check here before giving up. I purchased an item and expected receive it because the seller had marked it as dispatched. So I waited. And I waited. I've bought from this seller in the past so I thoug...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this being too sarcastic?

I had a case go against me and ebay closed it out without me getting a refund. I would like this case to be reopened. Detective Clueless who investigated this case needs to finish first grade before ebay hires them. This is the second time this has h...

"EBAY COUNCIL" - IS IT LEGIT???

Got an email invite to be on the "Ebay Council" and wondering if this is legit or a scam? Naturally, no way to contact Ebay to find out and NOTHING on the website to announce such a group. I Googled it and only found other people's questions exactly ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors