cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Advertising:

I recently bought and item from a seller who listed the item as Functional and in Very Good Condition.  When the item arrived I unwrapped it and tried it out.  Nothing completely Dead.  I emailed the seller which said no returns and some effort on my part is to be expected because of age.  I tore the item clear down to repair it.  The motor was seized up and the brushes were stuck .  It couldn't have worked for a very long time.  I emailed the seller again who said to file a claim with ebay.  I decided to leave Negative feedback which is what this seller deserves because of his dishonest nature.  He knew this item did not work because of the condition in which I revived it.  Within 24 hours Ebay has removed the Negative feedback.  Why!  This is wrong, this is what protects buyers as well as sellers.  This seller was not Honest !  This is what is hurting Ebay.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

False Advertising:

Per the OP, they "tore the item clear down to repair it". Since the item is no longer in the same condition as received it's no longer eligible for a return.

@tim*king  The lesson here is that if on initial inspection something appears to be not as described, just open a case with eBay and return it. Once you've altered it in any way that option is no longer available.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

False Advertising:

You should file a return with ebay as item not as described.  Seller will have to pay for return shipping and refund you in full.  That's all anyone can really do.  The seller will get a defect.  If they get enough defects, they won't be selling on ebay for long.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

False Advertising:

Per the OP, they "tore the item clear down to repair it". Since the item is no longer in the same condition as received it's no longer eligible for a return.

@tim*king  The lesson here is that if on initial inspection something appears to be not as described, just open a case with eBay and return it. Once you've altered it in any way that option is no longer available.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

False Advertising:

It should also be noted that your feedback was removed because the case was settled in the seller's favor. Whenever a case is decided for the seller, no feedback can be left by either party.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

False Advertising:

The item is now restored and working.  More than ebay or the seller did for me.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

False Advertising:

The item is now restored and working.  More than ebay or the seller did for me.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

False Advertising:

The item is now restored and working.  Ebay was wrong for deleting the negative feedback I left

Message 7 of 7
latest reply