cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sellers items don't exist

I tried to purchase item 12-10661-00318 (a gas rototiller) and I never received it. I contacted Ebay... I don't believe these items exist. How can I contact Ebay to get them to investigate?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@clarita1,

The link you posted to the order details page will not open. On the page is a 12 digit with no hyphens ebay item number, if you post that number we can look at the listing and possibly offer you some help.

Other helpful information would be:

The date you made the purchase

The last estimated delivery date shown on the Details page.

Is there tracking that has a Delivered scan?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"Tried to purchase"...."I never received it"...does not make any sense.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Did you receive a tracking number that says delivered but no delivery happened?    Did you pay for a purchase?   If you answered yes to both, it could be the fake tracking number scam.  If you got a great price on it, that is a big red flag.

Contact the shipper and ask if that tracking number went to your address. If it did not, get a letter from them stating that. An email will do but it can be tricky to get it.  Keep calling as each call gets a different rep.  Let them know  about the scam.   With that letter you can file a case with your credit card company if that is how you paid.  I hope it was.   It's much tougher to fight with eBay or other payment services.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

A day after the estimated delivery date Ebay gave you, open an Item Not Received case.
Go to your purchase history and click I didn't get it in the menu next to the item.
The seller will have 3 days to provide a tracking number showing it was delivered or refund.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Looks like the seller is from SL, if that tells you anything.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Looks like the seller is from SL, if that tells you anything.

I see they sold 6 rototillers since October 29th and if they are coming all the way from SL it would seem more time is need for delivery.  Them ones that sold look like a heck of a bargin.  I do not think I could get a cheap Weed Eater for them prices.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply