Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Auction timers losing/gaining time

With 53m,0s left in an auction, I started the stopwatch on my phone. After 4 mintues, there was almost a 10 second difference. Tried it with a different phone - same thing. WTH????

Returning Fraudulent Gemstone to India

I received a $150 silver blue topaz ring from India. Stone was glass. Requested return. Seller was required to provide rety label or expense of return by a certain date or I would be refunded and the item mine at no cost. Seller talked me into purcha...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Seller declined my 50% higher offer, sold item for listing price instead....

Sometimes I shake my head at how sellers can be their own worst enemy. I submitted an offer of $18 on a $9 auction item, that advertised accepting offers, which is 50% higher then the opening bid. There were no bids at that time and only two days lef...

Resolved! Seller out of town? Why does eBay allow this!?

Recently purcahsed an item on eBay last Saturday and haven't recivced the package yet. I went to check the tracking number only to find that it says "The seller is out of town" along with a date they will return! HOW COME EBAY DOES NOT POST THIS INFO...

User avatar by Scout
  • 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay gift card

I am trying to contact eBay and speak to someone about a gift card that I bought at Kroger that doesn’t apparently have the right amount of numbers for an authorization code. I cannot find the phone number please help

Customer support phone number??

I ordered an item 20 days ago and there have been no updates for 3 days on when it will arrive. I want to talk to customer support to get some help on locating it but there is no phone number or even email. Has eBay done away with customer support?

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Coupon Terms & Conditions

Received a $10 Off coupon via email today from eBay. The Coupon Terms & Conditions state "...minimum Purchase Price and the maximum discount, will be specified in the voucher section of your 'My eBay' account."However, there is no "voucher section" o...

Resolved! changing shipping adress details (NAME-SURNAME) after the purchase

HELLO EVERYONE:( MY SHIPPING ADDRESS NAME WAS MY ALIAS AND I NOTICED THAT RIGHT AFTER THE SELLER ORDERED A SHIPPING LABEL SO IT WAS TOO LATE TO CANCEL THE ORDER AND TO REPURCHASE IT. I CHANGED MY NAME AND SURNAME ON THE APP BUT IT REMAINED THE SAME F...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sneakers Authenticated but not *actually* on their way. What?

I purchased some Nikes on 12/02/23. Seller shipped with eBay 12/06/23, shoes arrived for authentication 12/09/23, and authenticated on 12/12/23. Authenticity Guarantee policy says 3-day shipping after authentication, sometimes even faster. Tracking s...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller offer

I originally sent an offer and it was declined immediately. I asked the seller if he would accept the offer price and they agreed and sent me a private offer. When i click on the link it sends to the listing but keeps saying your offer was declined a...

Return process

Good afternoon, I ordered a used laptop, it arrived in a condition much worse than in the photo that the seller sent me and what was on the product page. I sent a return request(doesn't match description or photo) with attached photos, the seller agr...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Merchandise not received

Isn't it ironic how if you havent made a payment yet, you receive so many emails from eBay stating that a payment hasn't been made you won this product make a payment payment should be made or the seller will cancel this order but when the payment ha...

How do I report a scam? Anyone have a phone number of real people?

I need to speak to a live person? My purchase went to a different address and was not the package for the item I purchased. It appears to be an envelope. I contacted my local post office and the tracking number on ebay is not the tracking number on t...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Got charged for return shipping when the original listing says seller pays for return shipping.

So I returned something that didn’t fit me and the original listing says returns accepted, seller pays for return shipping. I assumed I wouldn’t get charged for it. The seller did buy the return label but they only gave me a partial refund because th...

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 6.56.03 PM.jpeg
Most Marked as Helpful Authors