cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneakers Authenticated but not *actually* on their way. What?

I purchased some Nikes on 12/02/23.  Seller shipped with eBay 12/06/23, shoes arrived for authentication 12/09/23, and authenticated on 12/12/23.

Authenticity Guarantee policy says 3-day shipping after authentication, sometimes even faster.  Tracking shows 12/12/23 item was authenticated, tracking was provided, and shipment info was sent to FedEx.

It’s 12/19/23 - 7 days later (and 4 over the 3-day shipping per policy), and I’m still at “Shipment info was sent to FedEx.”

I get it’s the holidays season and shipping could go over 3 dayss and still be reasonable.  But it still hasn’t even been dropped off at FedEx a WEEK after authentication?  What???

Is there no way to contact the authentication department to figure out what is going on?  Tracking page says if it hasn’t arrived by 12/18/23, go to the original order and open a case.  It’s 12/19/23 and there is no option to do that.  Closest “More Actions” option is to select “Item has not arrived” again, which just tells me to open a case again if it’s not here by yesterday, and on and on in an infinite loop..

UGGH

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Go directly to the Fed Ex website with the tracking number and check it there, Ebay's tracking does not always show the correct status, that said however, try again later to open the case. Certainly don't wait too long! Keep in mind Ebay is on Pacific time too.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you.  Yeah I’ve been checking tracking with FedEx also from the beginning.  I opened a case right after I made that post.  Within minutes, the case  was automatically put on hold because it said they had determined that my item was still on its way, so I could proceed with the case if it didn’t arrive by 12/24. 

Well, it’s 12/23 and tracking through FedEx still says “label created 12/12/2023, Moonachie, NJ, we’ll add a delivery date as soon as we get your package.”  

Seems increasingly like my shoes were authenticated, prepared for shipment, info was entered and label created, and then somebody screwed it all up and the package never made it to FedEx.  It also says “Shipment Type: 2-Day”.  So it’s been 10 days since they were authenticated and prepared and entered for 2-day shipping.

This is so stupid.  I got these shoes for $150 less than you can get them anywhere else, and $140 less than the only other brand new pair in my size listed on eBay.  So if they lost my freaking item their mistake also will cost me another $150 to replace them after my refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Maybe if there had been a way to check directly with the authentication department as soon as I realized something was off, the package could’ve been located and given to FedEx.  Instead, I got an auto-response and hold on the case because the system showed them as being shipped just because the label was created.  

Now, by the time I’m able to officially declare they don’t arrive, it’ll be like 2 weeks after the point where somebody misplaced the package.  Who even knows where it will have ended up by then?  Probably in some bin at the authentication facility where random, unaccounted-for packages get placed when they’re found without a label and nobody knows what it is, where it came from or where it’s supposed to be going.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply