cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

policy change i was not aware of

i have been selling on ebay for years,i took a year or so away,but decided to sell a few items recently,i listed item,sold it and now my funds are on hold,informed that i needed to update my account,so i went to my account settings and was told to link a checking account to get paid,i dont have a checking account,i contacted an agent and was told that i had to do so,i already shipped the item,and now to receive my $35 i have to open a checking account,i was always paid thru paypal,now i understand they parted ways,so after 11 yrs of making lots of sales,they cant figure out a way to get me my funds unless i have a checking account,is this just the bottom line,the agent just kept saying over and over the same sentence,quoteing me the same policy without even mentioning any other way,anyone that can explain more to me would be welcomed,thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: policy change i was not aware of

You can make a new checking account with any US bank you're comfortable with.  You have to do that to have a destination for your buyer's funds.  You'll need the  bank's routing number and the account number for your CHECKING account. 

Once the money is in the checking account, it's yours and you could move it to PayPal or any other online account you have. Just beaware that if  a sale goes bad and the buyer gets a refund, you'll have to have enough money in the new checking account to cover it.

You are also going to have to provide your date of birth on a driver's license or US passport and submit your SSN so eBay can report your selling to you and the IRS as a 1099K form to confirm your sales (if over $600) so the IRS knows to expect you to report your eBay income.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: policy change i was not aware of

@pops1intn2009 

There is nothing more to explain, the agent was correct.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=1....

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 3
latest reply