cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tornadoes rip my town and I get slammed by eBay for couple of items broken

Well I found after almost 15 years selling on eBay how much they really care about their sellers.  Without us…they have nothing.  I live in Greenwood, IN where tornadoes hit us twice in less than 6 months (same path).  For first time got reduced for Top Rated to Above Average due to three  items in storage being broken after I opened boxes to get ready to ship.  Had to move boxes quickly due to structure damage where stored.  Beyond our control.  I asked for those to be removed based on excellent sales history with eBay…to be denied!  I cannot possible believe the cold hearted nature of this company!  Very sad.  I told them to look at my seller address and photos such as these for proof and even can provide proof of house damage.  What a slap in the face!  My buyers were ok with it, but not eBay.  Does it mean that much to them to kick us in backside while we are down over extra 10% in their pocket??  Please let me know your thoughts?  I am posting on social media also.  I think people need to know the hard nature of this company.  I will be taking my selling business elsewhere.  Does anyone know how to delete 500 plus listings all at once???  Thanks so much!!

IMG_8764.png

IMG_8765.png

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Tornadoes rip my town and I get slammed by eBay for couple of items broken

Sellers are protected from weather related defects. Before you end your selling, try reaching out to the eBay for business group via facebook.  They can often get an issue the attention it requires.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

If you decide to end your selling, use the active list in seller hub - you can select all of your items at once. 

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

Good luck! 

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

After you got everything moved, didn't you check everything to make sure nothing was damaged during the move?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello, was in process of doing so when items sold.  Had a roof damaged on house and storage.  Had over 60 boxes to go through.  Everything happening at once.  So much to do.  But buyers were fine they were great and understood.  eBay said if they would have cancelled it would not have hurt me.  But they said “no” not taking care of it.  Very very sad after all we have been through.  So must move along!  Thanks 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply