cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping: Box in a Polybag

I have been selling and shipping for awhile now, but I'd like to ask the community for the official rule on this. 

For example; I want to ship a box that measures 15x10x5", placed inside a polybag.

I have a PirateShip account that is linked to my eBay account.  When I sell something, I go to PirateShip and enter that I am shipping a box 15x10x5", and will get a rate of say, $20.  I leave the data in place, but I change "box" to "polybag" and the field with 5" disappears.  So now I only have two fields to enter my measurements, which in this case would be 15x10".  The shipping rate will drop drastically to $10.

When I ship through eBay, there is no option for "polybag", and there are three fields asking for measurements. 

My Question:  Should I enter 15x10x5" Or should I enter 15x10x1 (1 because you cannot leave blank)?

I tend to believe it should be 15x10x1, because Pirateship only has two fields for measurement when shipping a polybag and I have never had any problems, or cost adjustments.  What are your thoughts on this...?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0