cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Ebay just deserted their customers?

I have been waiting for three weeks to get an item.  Bought it 1/18/22.  I contacted the seller wishing to cancel the order because I had found it cheaper.  I contacted the seller for six times.  The item was suppose to arrive 2/2/22.  No item, no word and no refund.  Now I am still waiting 2/07/22 to get my money back.  I have contacted Ebay on numerous occasions and Ebay informed me that they had to give the seller more time to respond.   Now, remember this seller has had three weeks to respond.  I am furious.  This seller has not responded to any of my attempts and Ebay is backing them to give them more time.  As far as I'm concerned, this seller has had plenty of time to respond.  Meanwhile, they still have my money and Ebay no longer has a telephone number to call.  What is going on??????

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Has Ebay just deserted their customers?

@karci510 

eBay hasn't had a public phone number to call since 2020.

To reach a rep, go to this linked page, left side click "Have us call you" or "Chat with us"

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I have been doing that since Friday.  I still did not have any result.  Been with Ebay 16 years and I am so very disappointed in the way Ebay is treating their customers.  Makes me think twice before I purchase another item off their site.  If you have to do all the work, customer service and basically taking care of yourself, what is the point?  Not a very happy customer tonight.  Ebay is going down hill.  I would not be surprised if some other company doesn't finally take Ebay's place.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@karci510 

What are they not responding to exactly?

Did you open a Refund request for not receiving our order - is that where eBay is giving them more time to provide tracking or prove delivery, or what?

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@karci510 

You stated: >> I contacted the seller wishing to cancel the order because I had found it cheaper. I contacted the seller for six times. <<

The seller was not obligated to cancel your request since you did NOT have a valid reason to do so. ("Found it cheaper" is not a valid reason)

That being said, since the estimated date of delivery has passed, you can file a Refund Request:

Go to your My Ebay page >> Purchase history

•     Select “More actions” beside your item and then “I didn't receive it.”
  •     Click the box beside I want a refund.
  •     Select Send request.

If the seller does not respond after 3 days, you can ask Ebay to step in to help you.

•     Find the item in your Purchase History
  •     Select See request details
  •     Select “Ask eBay to step in.”
*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

As I stated, I have been on Ebay both as a seller and a buyer.  I did not give the reason as "finding it cheaper."  I just tried to contact the seller six times to find out when the item would ship.  I really did not want solutions as I have already been through all the solutions and have to been satisfied.  If a seller cannot contact you after one or two times, not to mention six times, they should think twice about being a seller.  I do not need to hear what I should do or what I should say, I was just airing my grief over Ebay and the seller.  Thank you for your ideas but I have already spent way too much of my time on this.  I guess I'm just saying I am extremely disappointed with the whole situation.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@karci510 

From your message #6 >>"I did not give the reason as "finding it cheaper."<<

From your original message: >>"I contacted the seller wishing to cancel the order because I had found it cheaper." <<

There is no reason to contact Customer Service. All you have to do is file a Refund Request stating "Item Not Received". That way you would not have to be disappointed with the whole situation.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

My disappointment is not only with the seller but with the way Ebay handled the situation.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@karci510 wrote:

As I stated, I have been on Ebay both as a seller and a buyer. 

Then you should know that sellers are not required to respond to messages or cancel orders.

But it's nice when they do, so you know what's going on.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 9
latest reply