cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says she received broken items....reported it to me two days after arrival.

I recently had a retail seller from Las Vegas purchase vintage spaghetti poodles that have been heirlooms in my family for years. I packed them each individually, taking care to examine each and every one for flaws. Not a flaw was found.

I purchased bubble wrap and carefully wrapped each item individually. Sent Priority which includes up to $100.00 insurance if items arrived broke. Buyer didn't notify me of arrival for 2-3 days after they were in her posession.Buyer says they did arrive broken and now wants me to refund her money! She also stated spaghetti poodles were chipped and had pieces missing (4 out of 20 items) yet this wasn't brought up until after the fact she told me she had SCRUBBED EXCESSIVELY for two days to remove grime!

Personally I feel she was trying to clean them for display case and they broke during her excessive and careless scrubbing.Why it wasn't brought up and revealed to me until two days after arrival because said delicate porcelain collectibles were being scrubbed for two days to remove grime. This obviously caused breakage....only other alternative was they broke en route. And why on earth would you scrub delicate porcelain antiques if you found bits and pieces of the glass in the packing?

She wants a refund. I don't feel I am responsible at all as this either happened en route (which she is eligible for refund from post office) or she blatantly and carelessly cleaned these intricate valuable items in a haphazard and careless manner.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0