eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

fanfare09
Community Member
Accepted Solution

Buyer Left False Negative Feedback

[ Edited ]

Please help! I recently sold an empty game case. The buyer left negative feedback stating that no game was included and it is very clear to me that they didn't even read the title let alone the description. I clearly state that the auction is for only the case multiple times in multiple places in multiple colors! Is there anyway to get this feedback removed? I was thinking about baiting her into opening a item not as described case because I know I'll win it. I'm not sure that's the best course of action though so any suggestions would be helpful.

Please use plain text.
fanfare09
Community Member

Re: Buyer Left False Negative Feedback

in reply to fanfare09

OMG an edit button!:smileyvery-happy: I take back everything bad I ever thought about the new forum.

Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

The buyer can leave almost any feedback they want. Look up feedback policies also can be found in the link I have below it is frm the A to Z policies. to see if any policy was violated, I don't see any, sorry.

As for selling those games cases you need to check policies on selling that packaging only. It could be a problem for you.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-accessories.html

"If the manufacturer doesn't offer the accessories or other extras as a separate purchase, those items can't be listed on eBay without the accompanying branded product."

Please use plain text.
thiskittyisbarefootallthetime
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

Your buyer does not read English so was unaware of what they were getting.  Perhaps if you offer a refund upon return in Swedish, they will change the neg.  Seems like a lot of effort however that may not pan out.  I would reply to the fb that buyer did not understand the listing.

The fb  left is "I got pokemon package without games. How can I report this?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
fanfare09
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to starroute-us

Thanks for the advice starroute-us but I've alreadly read that policy and checked the accompanying list before I started selling cases so I know I'm in the clear. Trust me go to any gamestop and you'll see that a game doesn't always come with a case. 

thiskitty - I know your probably right but it annoys me so much. If the buyer didn't understand english well enough to understand what they were buying then they had no right buying it in the first place. Now I'm stuck cleaning up the mess

Please use plain text.
thiskittyisbarefootallthetime
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

Fan I agree  & the fb system is unfair to sellers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

Does Nintendo offer the empty Pokémon series of video game cases, alone, for sale?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

He should have gotten a negative feedback as well for not being able to read and being a smacktard.

Please use plain text.
sg51
Community Member

in reply to hafoster

Selling empty cases is always going to be dangerous.

Lesser sellers stay up on the porch, while brave young men go into the fray looking for excitement and adventure.

Please use plain text.
impalajohnny
Community Member

in reply to starroute-us

starroute-us wrote:

The buyer can leave almost any feedback they want. Look up feedback policies also can be found in the link I have below it is frm the A to Z policies. to see if any policy was violated, I don't see any, sorry.

As for selling those games cases you need to check policies on selling that packaging only. It could be a problem for you.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-accessories.html

"If the manufacturer doesn't offer the accessories or other extras as a separate purchase, those items can't be listed on eBay without the accompanying branded product."

When I was 10 years old I wrote a letter to a game publisher and was able to purchase replacement manuals. I do not know if this is possible today but I'd guess it is.

However reality is not as important as perception.

Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

in reply to impalajohnny

I posted the policy so the OP is aware of it.

Games are sold without cases, That is not the problem.

Doesn't matter if I agree with policy or not. Just something to keep in mind and be aware of.

I doubt if anything can be done about the feedback.

Please use plain text.
theatricalhead2toe
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

fanfare09 wrote:

Please help! I recently sold an empty game case. The buyer left negative feedback stating that no game was included and it is very clear to me that they didn't even read the title let alone the description. I clearly state that the auction is for only the case multiple times in multiple places in multiple colors! Is there anyway to get this feedback removed? I was thinking about baiting her into opening a item not as described case because I know I'll win it. I'm not sure that's the best course of action though so any suggestions would be helpful.

Don't be so sure of that.

Please use plain text.
fanfare09
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to theatricalhead2toe

I've decided against baiting her but theatricalhead2toe why do you think I wouldn't win? The item is perfectly described.

Please use plain text.
sg51
Community Member

in reply to theatricalhead2toe

why do you think I wouldn't win?

The only way you would win is if buyer were dumb enough to claim "seller sent empty case" (and the title shows an empty case).

If buyer instead says "listing is unclear, I expected a game", buyer would win.

Please use plain text.
fanfare09
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Yes except the listing is exceptionally clear. I stated that I was selling a case just about everywhere, in the title, the item specifics, item description and condition description.  In huge font, underlined, bolded, caps locked, and in different colors as well.

The catagory it's listed in is cases, covers and bags for goodness sake!

Please use plain text.
sg51
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

Yes except the listing is exceptionally clear.

Apparently not to your buyer.

The case evaluation will not factor in buyer's reading skills. If buyer was fooled, buyer wins the case.

Please use plain text.
fanfare09
Community Member

Well according to ebay a thorough description should be enough.

<http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/sellerFAQ/>

For "item not as described" claims, sellers may be protected from losing a case if they provide clear documentation that the item was described accurately and consistently throughout the listing and all associated communications. For example, cases may be resolved in the seller's favor when the seller provides documentation that:

1. The buyer complains that the item is used, not new, and the listing clearly describes the item as used, or
  2. A defect in the item was correctly described by the seller, or
  3. The item was properly described, but the buyer didn't want it after they received it, or
  4. The item was properly described but did not meet buyers' expectations, or the item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.
Please use plain text.
sg51
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

It's a bit like board posting rules.

Your interpretation is not the one which is used.

In particular, "properly described" is not your call. Rather, it is buyer's call.

That's the interpretation which is acutally in use.

Please use plain text.
fanfare09
Community Member

This isn't abstract art. I stated I was selling a case and the buyer recieved a case. Which her feedback confirms.

Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

in reply to fanfare09

fanfare09 wrote:

This isn't abstract art. I stated I was selling a case and the buyer recieved a case. Which her feedback confirms.

Well if you go ahead and try it contrary to what we believe,

please let us know how it ends up.Wish you luck. 

Please use plain text.