cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see description

A week ago, I published an ad for a product offered on another seller’s account on eBay, and I put it at a higher price. Someone bought from me, so I bought from the original merchant and put the address of the buyer who bought from me.
Now the buyer wants to return the product to me, what should I do?
How do I coordinate a return? And return the money?
Yes, I discovered that such a process is not acceptable on eBay, so I am requesting a solution now without causing problems

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see description

@dakbat-61 wrote:

you do NOT try to return it to the person you tried to use as a dropshipper.

why???

No. Here's the problem with that. For you to return the item to the person you bought it from you would have to get the item back from the buyer you sold it to first.

If your buyer sends it back to the person you bought it from you can't do that.

Your seller knows what you did and it seems so does your buyer. I doubt either one would be willing to go along with your scam.

Your seller doesn't have to refund your buyer if they return the item to them, since they didn't receive the payment from your buyer you did. 

If your buyer returns the item to your seller, then you don't have any way of returning the item back to your seller to get your money back from the seller you bought it from.

You are the only one who is going to lose in this situation because your buyer will be refunded by eBay from your funds if you don't voluntarily refund them and eBay has to step in and your seller will possibly get the item back from your buyer, but they won't have to worry about refunding you because you can't ship something back you don't have to them.

Either way you lose. Cut your losses now and just accept the facts and move on. This is why this type of transaction is banned on eBay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 54 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Accept the return.

Have the buyer return the item to you (your address)

Refund the buyer when you get it back.'

Don't do this drop shipping thing again, it is against eBay policy.

From the policy:  However, listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not allowed on eBay.

Drop shipping and product sourcing | eBay

Message 2 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

A week ago, I published an ad for a product offered on another seller’s account on eBay, and I put it at a higher price. Someone bought from me, so I bought from the original merchant and put the address of the buyer who bought from me.

What you did is the type of dropshipping that ebay doesn't allow. 

Your selling ideas (dropshipping and pirated videos) are a recipe for disaster! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 66
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

Accept the return.

Have the buyer return the item to you (your address)

Refund the buyer when you get it back.'

Don't do this drop shipping thing again, it is against eBay policy.

From the policy:  However, listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not allowed on eBay.

That's not drop shipping anyway; it's retail arbitrage. eBay allows the former but not the latter.

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

do you mean not to request a my refund from seller and lose it?

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

videos i am asking to understand if allowed

return i am confessing i am asking help so i don't do again as i didn't know

so my intentions are good 

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

"So my intentions are good".

Doubtful.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 66
latest reply

That depends on the reason your buyer is returning it I'd think.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 66
latest reply

@a_c_green 

If you think my answer is wrong please report it to have it removed.

Did you have anything to add to help the OP? or are you just attacking me?

Message 9 of 66
latest reply

You sure you are not trolling us? 

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

If you purchased the item from an eBay seller, you can return it to that seller if they offer returns.

However, You have muddled the transaction by purchasing an item from someone else.  You have no idea what they sent or what the buyer actually received.

Sometimes learning a lesson has consequences. In this case, you may have lost a bit of money.

Once you get the item back, just put it up for sale on eBay, but not until you have it in hand.

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

exactly i am just seeking help and asking what to do

i have no idea why people are so aggressive here

we're here to discuss and help each other

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

yes i swear i am sure

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

Have the person who bought it from you return it for a refund.

Then when you get it back (if you like) you return it to the person you bought it from for a refund.

Like everyone else, I suggest you don't do this again.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 66
latest reply

Original seller is big and top rated so i am sure they sent the item i purchased but my buyer is not satisfied and he doesn't need it.

what if i request a return from my seller then get shipping label send to my buyer to ship it back to my seller directly without passing it to me as i live in a different country and i don't have an address in the country where my buyer and my seller live

Message 15 of 66
latest reply