eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

What does the mark 10KB mean

What does the mark 10KB and 10K-B mean when found on the back of a pin/medal with an enameled front? I don't want to misrepresent my item so would very much appreciate your help. Thanks, Judy
Please use plain text.
elias11
Community Member

Re: What does the mark 10KB mean

in reply to jaycee55
It probably means that the pin is made of 10 karat gold, and that KB is the trademark of the manufacturer. However, before listing it, to be absolutely sure, you should have it tested for 10 karat gold.

Elias
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jaycee55
Elias, thank you for your response.......I will follow your advice and get them tested before listing.......then there will be no guessing on my part. Judy
Please use plain text.
owl4343
Community Member

in reply to jaycee55
B would be the trademark, not KB. But there are a lot of makers who use B. It depends on the style of the letter and any other marks around it, such as a circle or diamond shape, etc.
Please use plain text.
elias11
Community Member

in reply to jaycee55
I stand corrected! Owl is correct, as usual.. The letter B is probably the trademark, not KB. The letter K is part of the fineness mark (10K) which of course stands for Ten Karat gold, or 41.7% pure gold.

Elias
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jaycee55

This mark means that the object is gold-plated, albeit to a high standard, so that the plating is not supposed to wear off easily. The 'B' stands for 'bonded'.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jaycee55
10K B on a ring means "10 means it is pure gold made in Mexico" It contains 10 parts gold and 14 parts another metal or metals.

Please use plain text.