eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

What does Korea C7 mean?

I found a ring in a bulk lot of jewelry and it's stamped Korea C7 on the inside any clue what that means?
Thanks!
Community Member

Re: What does Korea C7 mean?

in reply to newagaindesign
Are you sure that it is C7 and not CZ - as in cubic zirconia?
Community Member

I've looked at it several times and it still looks like C7.
Community Member

Is there a stone in the ring? If there is, then it is likely that the die used to imprint the mark was not at an even pressure when it stamped the ring or a bit of dust or dirt got in the way when the ring was stamped. Therefore, it could actually be CZ.

If there is no stone in the ring, then the 7 likely refers to a size. I don't know what the c would stand for

Debbie
Community Member

I also have a ring marked "Korea C7" and would love to know what it means.
ponpir
Community Member

Aren’t Champagne or Cognac diamonds color graded by the Chart: from C1 (lighter shade of Champagne) through to C7 (the stronger cognac color)?

Only C7 I know :smileyindifferent:
Community Member

Aren’t Champagne or Cognac diamonds color graded by the Chart: from C1 (lighter shade of Champagne) through to C7 (the stronger cognac color)?

Only C7 I know :smileyindifferent:

Argyle Diamonds in Australia, a fancy colored diamond mine-known for pink and brown stones, uses this grading scale, ponpir. Possibly others as well.

But whether it's applicable to this ring would depend on whether the stone is a fancy color diamond. And in a ring from Korea, I think that's somewhat unlikely. Besides why would the setting be stamped when it's the diamond with the grade? Good brainstorming, though.:-)