eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
fancyclancee
Community Member

Skippers 50th

So today I found this on line http://blog.fashion-doll-guide.com/2014-skipper-reproduction-announced-skippers-50th-anniversary/

Bill Greening announced a 2014 Skipper reproduction to commemorate Skipper's 50th anniversary. He provided a sneak peak - it will include a blonde straight leg Skipper doll with a reproduction of Skipper's 1965 Happy Birthday clothing and accessories  -

2014-skipper-reproduction-3.jpg2014-skipper-reproduction-2.jpg

I've always wanted "Happy Birthday" and all its accessories so I am pretty excited..  What do you think?  Do you buy reproduction dolls?

Debra
Please use plain text.
twangerstudios
Community Member

Re: Skippers 50th

in reply to fancyclancee

she sure does look nice, fab facepaint and her hair looks much better than the original

if mattel can maintain that quality on the mass-produced i would consider a purchase

i did buy the Francie 30th and Barbie 35th repros - luv 'em :smileyhappy:

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Please use plain text.
mhalb
Community Member

in reply to twangerstudios

She does look really nice, I just wish Mattel would stop reproducing things they've reproduced before and would have given her a different outfit.

There was a porcelain Happy Birthday Skipper done years ago.  I have one, and she's very pretty, looks a lot like the original Skipper except she has a wig and is made of porcelain.  Not a lot of people like the porcelains, but I do.

Jam up and jelly tight

Please use plain text.
tinaspaintedlady
Community Member

in reply to fancyclancee

Oh Skipper, another doll that pulls at my heart strings. I just recently won a malibu one to replace mine from childhood and yes I will more than likely be buying this new one too.  On Barbie Collector someone was saying that it would be nice to see all the stages that Skipper has gone through over the years and I agree. 

Please use plain text.
anchormaggie
Community Member

in reply to tinaspaintedlady

I would definitely like the dress! I am just short a candle on the birthday outfit. It took a few years of bidding on lots to get the accessories but my dress has lost its pizzazz. The only repro doll I bought was the AG Barbie with the magic 8 ball but I was really disappointed in her. I have been gun shy to try it again. However, Diane's Francie has been tempting me.

photo 26433872-6ae8-49c0-b390-29569596101a_zpse3963890.jpg
Please use plain text.
shirleys8093
Community Member

in reply to anchormaggie

Lovely Skipper!  I hope she actually looks that good too because i will probably get her.  Have been wanting a blonde skipper anyway.

Maggie ~ You must be talking about 'Cool Collecting' Barbie.  I finally deboxed her after all this time to get at the goodies and the outfit.  I let the doll go though.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Please use plain text.
stormhorse
Community Member

in reply to fancyclancee

That Skipper is real cute but wish she came with a different outfit since it makes her look like the porcelain issue.  I did buy the 35th  Barbies, black Francie and one of the mod Barbie repros.  But in the end I didn't really care for them and sold them all on ebay.  Not that they weren't nice but I just prefer originals.  There is one doll though that might interest me as a repro and that would be Yellowstone Kelley.  With a body that won't melt or fall apart!

Please use plain text.
thystlemoon
Community Member

in reply to fancyclancee

She looks so cute, and I'd love to have the accessories, at least. If the doll that ends up for sale is this nice, I'll consider getting her, for sure.

I only have two repros, Solo in the Spotlight and Silken Flame. I'd like to get some others, but can't justify spending that much money right now.

Sheila
Please use plain text.
shirleys8093
Community Member

in reply to thystlemoon

Sheila ~  There are some reproduction dolls I would love to get; like the brunette PT wearing 'Gay Parisienne', but I can't see spending that much for a repro even if it is a fraction of what the original would cost.  So, yeah I think I feel the same way you do.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Please use plain text.