cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential value of antique display piece?

I recently bought a house that was built by antique dealers.  There was a very large corner hutch/display piece built into one of the rooms.  It's made of ornately carved wood with leaded glass doors and mirrors and was built by Christopher Pratt & Sons, Bradford.  It is somewhat worn inside one of the cabinets, but the front façade, doors, glass, mirrors and carvings are in excellent condition.  A vintage, coin-operated (shillings) electricity meter by Landis and Gyr, Acton, London is also attached inside one of the cabinets.   Although it's a large piece when build-in, it is actually a compilation of 6 smaller individual pieces.  From a listing of another item of Pratt's that I saw on Christies, his furniture appears to be from the late 19th. century. 

We are doing renovations now, and I would like to sell this piece.  I'm wondering what it might be worth.  Any thoughts on its value or who I might approach to sell it would be greatly appreciated!

built in leaded glass.jpgBuilt-in Christopher Pratt Label.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Potential value of antique display piece?

Pratt furniture is rarely seen in the US so there will be little or no values records.  However, late 19th century English oak furniture is very depressed in value and would probably cost more to ship than its selling cost.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Potential value of antique display piece?

Ok, thank you for the information!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply