cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending a sale early

I changed my mind about selling an item and I want to end the sale but E-bay says I cannot end it.

WHY? Can someone tell me why. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ending a sale early

Hi @goodjunkman 

Here is a link to the eBay Help Pages on Ending listings:  Ending a listing | eBay

Auctions with one or more bids and less than 12 hours remaining cannot be Ended.

There is a chart with Yes and No on Ending listings in certain situations.  Additionally, some listings when ended early result in you being charged the FVFs on the item.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@goodjunkman 

What is the item?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Because it frustrates buyers and eBay seeks to not frustrate buyers. Buyers spend more money when their shopping experience is smooth and pleasant. No one likes their bids to be cancelled because the seller isn't happy with their bid prices.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi @goodjunkman 

Here is a link to the eBay Help Pages on Ending listings:  Ending a listing | eBay

Auctions with one or more bids and less than 12 hours remaining cannot be Ended.

There is a chart with Yes and No on Ending listings in certain situations.  Additionally, some listings when ended early result in you being charged the FVFs on the item.

Regards,
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Because the same rule has been in place since the 90's....

you cannot cancel bids and end an item in the last 12 hours

99% of the time it's because the seller isn't happy with the price they are getting.

Best to start auctions at the 'lowest' price you are willing to take, otherwise, starting 'too low' and 'without a reserve' leaves a seller open to selling $10,000 item for $50...

and; if none of this pertains to you and you simply 'changed' your mind because you want to just 'keep' the item?? Doesn't matter. See paragraph above. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, I know the info you gave. The problem was that the item was listed 3 days ago and had no bids and was listed until sold and the system said I could not end it early. Well about an hour later I tried again and it let me. So it was just a glitch in the system.

Thanks 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I would never cancel a auction if it had a bid. It had 25 days left with no bids that is why I thought their must be something I did not know. I have been selling since the late 90's so I thought I knew most of the rules. Come to find out I tried to cancel it again about an hour later and it let me with. It was just a glitch in the system I guess.

Thanks 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@goodjunkman wrote:

Thank you, I know the info you gave. The problem was that the item was listed 3 days ago and had no bids and was listed until sold and the system said I could not end it early. Well about an hour later I tried again and it let me. So it was just a glitch in the system.

Thanks 

@goodjunkman 

Interesting ... glad you were able to end it ... 

Regards,
Message 8 of 8
latest reply