cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay unresponsive to fraudulent coin listings

I have been buying and selling on eBay for more than a quarter century, really, check Coin-Jock's feedback, and for the past six months I have been diligently reporting listings, especially in the Lincoln cents categories, that I "suspect," but in fact am convinced, are fraudulent to no avail.

Specifically, the listings I report are coins that are purported to have an uncirculated PCGS numeric grade, including some that supposedly are CAC certified. However, it's obvious from the photos posted in these listings that the coins are not in a PCGS slab, nor are the coins even close to the grade stated in the listings' headings or titles.

For many years, eBay has had a pretty clear policy of allowing only numeric grades in the headings or descriptions for slabbed coin, but it's failing to enforce this policy despite the fact that I have consistently clicked "report this item" and described my concerns. One can only assume that eBay's failure to halt, if not at least try and minimize, this deceiving practice, the company is tacitly endorsing it, victimizing, both honest eBay sellers and potential buyers, while allowing the perpetrator' numbers and listings to steadily rise.

Personally, I am about fed up with this, and am calling on other eBayers, specifically, coin- and currency-selling eBayers, to be vigilant and report their own findings and consider joining me (coin-jock) in creating an alliance or association to hold eBay accountable. Message me through eBay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How does ebay know you are an expert on the subject?   How does ebay know that you are not a malicious competitor?   

For those reasons, ebay will, in 99.99% of all cases, ignore reports of fraudulent listings.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You SELL coins

You ARE a competitor

You WILL be ignored...forever and ever and ever as you could EASILY just be reporting as a 'competitor trying to get rid of the competition'

Therefore, worry about you and yourself and QUIT worrying about 'other' sellers. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply