cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS states delivered but buyer says its not

So a customer bought my item on the 4th, and on the 7th usps says it was delivered at the front door/porch.

I hear nothing from the customer until ebay sends me a notice that he opened a case on the 12th, 5 days later! stating he didnt get it and not sure where it was sent. I had to refund the customer just because he says he didnt get it!.

So this is telling me basically that you can get items free on ebay by just saying you didnt get it wheather or not tracking says you do!  This has got me steamed and very disappointed to say the least!!!!

WHAT NOW?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@theefinisher 

Did the buyer open up an "item not received" case against you -- or did you just refund the buyer without a case being opened?

If the buyer had opened an INR case, you should have entered the tracking number on the complaint form supplied by eBay, which should have closed the case in your favor.

We don't understand why you wound up refunding the buyer.

How did that happen?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Why did you have to refund?

Did you respond to the INR and upload the tracking number showing it was delivered?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

They gave me 3 options, and that was the one  seemed like the best option to not have any negative **bleep** on my account. I went back go try and settle the score but the guy doesn't reply back, and the case is now closed. Now I can't reach anybody about the circumstances. I believe I'm just going to call ebay and waste the rest of my day.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@theefinisher 

Okay -- that was the problem -- you refunded your buyer, before supplying your proof of delivery, which should have been one of the other options offered to you by eBay.

The case may be closed now, and your buyer may actually also be able to keep the item.

Don't waste time trying to call the eBay phone center -- they won't be able to help you.

Go to  https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness instead -- not sure if they can do anything at this point; but it's better than calling the eBay phone center.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Here's a link on what to do..you shouldn't have refunded them so quickly, chalk it up to a learning lesson I guess. Sorry that happened, probably won't be the last time either.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/helping-buyers-items-not-received?id=4116

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You do not refund just because the buyer is making a claim of non delivery just from a message. In the message you can tel them thaT usps.com and ebay have the pertinent info showing in fact that the item was delivered to them. You tell them that first. THEN, if you see a case being opened by them called a INR-ITEM NOT RECEIVED case. You will be able to respond to that case ALWAYS ALWAYS, ENTER THAT TRACKING number  showing delivery. You will win the case with that info.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Once you have initiated the refund prematurely ebay cannot reverse that. Sorry this happened to you. You NEVER REFUND A BUYER JUST FROM A MESSAGE THEY SEND YOU. YOU MUST WAIT FOR THEM TO OPEN A CASE of non delivery. The proof you upload in the case will save your butt. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

So why would I upload tracking when ebay knows it already?, hell, they're the ones that initiated the ship label and uploaded it to him to begin with. Seems stupid that he opens a case and ebay sees darn well it was delivered because it states it boldly without me doing anything. Anyway lesson learned. Glad it was only 12 bucks. I can get that downtown in an hour pan handling. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply