cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

Re: eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

Buyers are now paying sellers...who knew!

Received $9  cash today in a white envelope wrapped in a white piece of paper with nothing written on in.  Looked at my closed unpaid item and didn't see anything that matching $9.  Buyers, if you are going to pay cash please write someplace inside or even outside of the envelope what it is for.  As of now I guess it is for beer. Smiley Happy

Image result for beer smiley gif

Message 271 of 277
latest reply

Buyer (scammer) states laptop doesn't work because of "shipping damage" and provided a picture of said damage...umm, does the "damage" look suspiciously like it was caused by the "hammer" that can be seen in the lower right hand corner of the picture ~ note to scammers:  Remove incriminating evidence before snapping a pic!

RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

damage2.png

Message 272 of 277
latest reply

😂 too funny!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 273 of 277
latest reply

Funny thread ~ Do you think that USPS will let this go through?   "Buyer's shipping name given as "N---y Bi-ch" -- will USPS deliver?"

aka: Nasty **bleep** Smiley Surprised

The answer is Yes!  USPS will attempt delivery no matter what the name is.

Message 274 of 277
latest reply

muttlymob
Rockstar

Sold something to someone who works for Amazon.  Using work address as Ship-To.

Mailed it in an eBay branded box.

giggle

Smiley Very Happy

Message 275 of 277
latest reply

😂
I seen that, so funny!
Glad you bumped this up. I was going to post something last week and couldn’t remember the name of this thread.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 276 of 277
latest reply

I have a sphincter photo to draw people to my auction. My question is...

Hello!  My name is Bernie.  Been away from ebay for almost a decade(as a seller).  Glad tp be back!

My question is...

Have a photograph of a picture of a Sphincter in the book I am selling here on ebay.  Figure it is a good "draw" to my auction. Since so said sphincter is in the Book I am slling I assume it is permitted.   

What are your thoughts???

RollingEyesSmiley5.gif  ...but wait, maybe it's a kick-ass idea!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 277 of 277
latest reply