cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

Re: eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

I saw that, hidy. I'm wondering how much WINE was involved for the buyer to forget their shoe size?

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 91 of 277
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
I saw that, hidy. I'm wondering how much WINE was involved for the buyer to forget their shoe size?

I think it was more of not being able to see the shoe size in the listing because of wine-goggles 😉

Eye_chart-blurry

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 92 of 277
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly that's hilarious! 😂

Message 93 of 277
latest reply

it depends on what yer lookin at.....Smiley Very Happy

back in my military days....beer/wine goggles usually made "things" look decidedly better than they actually were...Smiley Indifferent

Message 94 of 277
latest reply

@dorskinny

So you went to bed with a 10 at 2 and woke up to a 2 at 10? 😝

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 95 of 277
latest reply

Image result for spit laughing smiley

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 96 of 277
latest reply

I've done a lot of drunk-buying in my lifetime ... trust me on this ... it's the eyesight combined with lowered inhibitions that causes bad purchasing.  Shoes are the worst.  Somehow my brain goes "I need those" with absolutely no idea as to WHY I need them 😞

For example ... I have a pair of hot-pink patent-leather 5" stiletto heels that I drunk-purchased over 15 years ago.  They are beautiful shoes, and they are in my size.  They fit. They cost almost $200.

But I seriously have nothing to wear them with and nowhere to wear them to.  And if I wore them for more than an hour, I would probably be crippled for a few days.  They are what I call "sitting down" shoes (and other things not suitable for the public).

I was once staying overnight at my then-boyfriend's apartment in Manhattan, but I did not have clothes to go to work the next day .... I walked into the store and bought a skirt and shirt to wear.  Only the next day did I realize that the skirt was "skin on a sausage" and about 4" too short to wear to a corporate job 😞

DO NOT DRINK AND WARDROBE!!!! Especially if your drunken-self has questionable taste 🙂 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 97 of 277
latest reply

@lovethose49ers wrote:
@dorskinny

So you went to bed with a 10 at 2 and woke up to a 2 at 10? 😝

Only on 2 occasions that I recall....LMAO

Message 98 of 277
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

For example ... I have a pair of hot-pink patent-leather 5" stiletto heels that I drunk-purchased over 15 years ago.  They are beautiful shoes, and they are in my size.  They fit. They cost almost $200.

But I seriously have nothing to wear them with and nowhere to wear them to. 

Ummm.... You don't leave the house in those...you don't wear anything with them either...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 99 of 277
latest reply

" ... beer/wine goggles usually made "things" look decidedly better than they actually were..."

skinny, I heard that called coyote ugly.

Message 100 of 277
latest reply

And it's Savanna with the snipe.

Message 101 of 277
latest reply

Congrats savanna!

Message 102 of 277
latest reply

@dorskinny wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

But I seriously have nothing to wear them with and nowhere to wear them to. 

Ummm.... You don't leave the house in those...you don't wear anything with them either...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a colorful name for those shoes. Especially when worn with the above outfit.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 103 of 277
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
" ... beer/wine goggles usually made "things" look decidedly better than they actually were..."

skinny, I heard that called coyote ugly.

It's a two way street.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 104 of 277
latest reply

My way or the highway?

@pskaudio

Message 105 of 277
latest reply