cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do unpaid item strikes show up?

I just opened a case on my non-paying bidder. If he doesn't respond (and I don't think he will, as I already warned him about the pending UID) and he gets a strike, will it show up in his feedback or something? Or is the buyer the only one who will be able to see it?
Message 1 of 144
latest reply
143 REPLIES 143

Re: Where do unpaid item strikes show up?

Ebay really needs to just automate the payment process and cut out the buyer.  If the buyer clicks "Buy it now" or the auction ends, the payment should automatically be made from their paypal account.  A buyer should not have the option of backing out after buying an item. If you don't want the item then process a return, but don't make somebody start an Unpaid Item Case and tie the item up for a month while waiting.

Message 121 of 144
latest reply

I had a buyer say cancel, I changed my mind. I said u can't do that. She said actually I can. I waited and allowed her to receive the unpaid item strike.

Message 122 of 144
latest reply

I just went through my eBay & I have an item strike that the seller has given to me the order turned up today & funny enough it went through paypal. So you tell me how that could of happened it a faulty system. So luckily the seller has sent his part of & I will be faxing mine to ebay this week. Not impressed
Message 123 of 144
latest reply

Agreed.  

Buyer's who fail to pay hang up honest sellers.  eBay should consider revising its policy to shorten the time permitted for a (deadbeat) buyer to pay or receive an automatic strike.  Make the buyer go through the hastle of explaining him/herself to eBay and let the seller continue to market his items.  Their system is capable of picking up all kinds of keywords in messages, like Nigerian scammers, so why cant they also track "cancel", "made a mistake", and other bogus claims and notify that "buyer" that an eBay auction "bid" or "Buy It Now" creates a binding contract that can only be unwound under very stringent circumstances.  Good sellers will very carefully document their sale items and be very clear about item condition, payment terms, terms of sale, accepting returns, etc.  Good sellers work hard to do their job.  Buyers need to be subject to the same highstandards.

I still havent learned where strikes show up in a bidder's profile. All I can find is that bidders with strikes in a cerain time period can be prevented from bidding in the seller's sales profile. That isnt good enough. We should be able to see strikes. Also, sellers seem to be precluded from making any negative reviews about (deadbeat) buyers. I can understand that eBay wants to prevent unwarranted claims. However, that person can appeal the negative review, and if it is unwarranted, have it reversed or removed.

We members have to take a strong position with eBay. After all, they make a lot of money from our efforts.

@texasskyscapes wrote:

AGREED

Unpaid strikes NEED to show up and ASAP on deadbeat buyer accounts

otherwise, they steal TIME (= MONEY) in that the seller cannot sell his item until either paid, buyer cancels or a week (or more) goes buy (eBay policy).

Although deadbeats are mostly cold feet or pranksters, think the worse - a competitor selling same item as you, gets YOUR item off the market by buying it (or via a friend) so he can get closer to asking price.

AGREED

Feedback, al least  from the offended party seems apropos!

It's a warning to others 

not to mention the important closure blowing off steam does to bury the hatchet.

Maybe eBay policy people are just too young

no business degrees

or more focused on their own profit picture = don't rock too many boats ...

Well, they rocked mine!

That said, this is better than Better Business Bureau ... a ONE way feedback street ... business never get warned about client sharks out ofr freebies/blood.

Message 124 of 144
latest reply

Big problem in my opinion. Ebay doesn't care but home users like me are discouraged from selling because of these people who bid irresponsibly and aren't held accountable.

Message 125 of 144
latest reply

Welcome to the part timers forum!
Sellers have not been allowed to leave Neg BeedBack since 2008, eBay Bans Negative Feedback For Buyers, and it's not going to change. This thread is as good a place as any to vent...

Follow this guide to minimize your problems with deadbeat bidders: Unpaid Item Strikes - Avoid Bad Buyers!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 126 of 144
latest reply

What about me? I recently (5/15/17) refused to pay for an item I bid on and won, because the seller asked me to pay them outside eBay so that they could avoid paying eBay's fees. That's a violation of eBay's policies and thus I could not trust him. I had always been paying very quickly an I never got a negative feedback. In this case, what could I do? Would eBay show me mercy?
Message 127 of 144
latest reply

@marktwain26 wrote:
What about me? I recently (5/15/17) refused to pay for an item I bid on and won, because the seller asked me to pay them outside eBay so that they could avoid paying eBay's fees. That's a violation of eBay's policies and thus I could not trust him. I had always been paying very quickly an I never got a negative feedback. In this case, what could I do? Would eBay show me mercy?

@marktwain26

Buyers can only receive positive or no feedback. You can report the seller for policy violation. You will need to call and let them know.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 128 of 144
latest reply

Ok, well! I forgot to mention that I am also a seller from time to time. But when I sell something, I always had to mind eBay's rules. I always disclosed my selling items very clearly to avoid from receiving a negative feedback. And for this case, I did call eBay to explain my situation. I don't know what eBay's going to do about that seller but eBay did tell me not to worry about it which is a relief for me because I don't want to have a bad mark of any kind on my eBay account. I have a 100% rating and I want to keep it that way. Please tell me, since I reported a bad seller to eBay, what would eBay do to that seller? What would the consequences be for that seller IF eBay decided to do something about that seller?
Message 129 of 144
latest reply

@marktwain26 wrote:
Ok, well! I forgot to mention that I am also a seller from time to time. But when I sell something, I always had to mind eBay's rules. I always disclosed my selling items very clearly to avoid from receiving a negative feedback. And for this case, I did call eBay to explain my situation. I don't know what eBay's going to do about that seller but eBay did tell me not to worry about it which is a relief for me because I don't want to have a bad mark of any kind on my eBay account. I have a 100% rating and I want to keep it that way. Please tell me, since I reported a bad seller to eBay, what would eBay do to that seller? What would the consequences be for that seller IF eBay decided to do something about that seller?

As had been mentioned, all buyers will have a 100% feedback score no matter what they do...sellers can ONLY leave positive feedback or no feedback at all for a buyer.

If the seller opens a UID (Unpaid Item Dispute) on the transaction that you bid on, eBay will remove the strike from your record if you call and explain the situation.  You left a negative, which, imo, the seller deserved.   I have no idea how many "report this seller" dings will result in the removal of a seller.

A piece of advice for you ~ it isn't a good idea to buy and sell from the same account as a vindictive seller could buy something from you and leave you a neg out of spite because you negged him. Open a new "buying only" account!  @marktwain26

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 130 of 144
latest reply

Thanks so much for that info- I'm a small time seller & just had 2 separate non-paid items.  Disgusting!

Message 131 of 144
latest reply

Not sure how the seller would be avoid eBay fees in this case as an item sold through the system incurs the fee regardless of the payment method (of which there are quite a few that do not go through eBay, COD, escrow, bank account, Other). Sounds more like a scam seller which you will not be punished by eBay if you report it.
Message 132 of 144
latest reply

I accidentally bought an item that did not ship to the country where i live. I immediately asked for a total to ship to me. the seller did not respond. I asked if they would ship to me or cancel or if I should ship to a friend that lives 800 miles away. No response. then I get a "unpaid item strike". I made many attempts to fix this. there is no way to contact ebay and tell them what happened.
Message 133 of 144
latest reply

I am a buyer. I had an unpaid item case opened against me and I think I had a strike. When I went to explain to ebay that I did not deserve the strike and I was waiting to pay until the seller responded to any of my messages or respond to my request for total to ship to me. I think ebay may have removed the strike because it was my first one.
WHERE can I see if I have a strike on my account?
thank you
Message 134 of 144
latest reply

Auction houses of the old days, had what you'd call a "sitting fee" which was a flat fee that was paid to the auction house by all those who wanted the "rights" to bid. In the event of a non-payment of an auction, the seller at least got some money.
Message 135 of 144
latest reply