cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, it looks like we are all going to be forced into using eBay pay processing....

I was reading over some of the latest discussions on the boards and I came across a thread about eBay payment processing.  Apparently once we are signed up for it, we can not use Paypal anymore?  That's how it read to me, at least.  I'm sorry, but I really am not in favor of eBay having this much control, for one, and #2, I have been really happy with Paypal and want to exclusively use it because it's extremely convenient for me.   I do not want to allow eBay that much control over handling what at the point of the sale is MY money.  I have nearly all my listings duplicated over to my page on Reverb, this might be the final straw that drives me off eBay.  I filled out the eBay survey and commented that if I can't use Paypal as my processor and I leave because of it, that I will no longer buy here anymore either.  I realize I'm only one seller, but none of the local sellers in my community that I know are in favor of this change.  They're ALL against eBay handling the money.  The excuse eBay gives is that people won't want to leave eBay to pay for their purchase... but with the paypal payments that are integrated in to the ebay payment page, you already DON'T leave eBay, you just have a paypal pop up momentarily on top of your eBay page which stays loaded.  I want to know eBay's REAL reason for this change, because I do NOT believe that it's because of customers not wanting to leave the site when they pay.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

So, it looks like we are all going to be forced into using eBay pay processing....

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Aug-22nd-from-1-00-pm-PDT-M...
Employee answers back in August. ^^^
I’m not to concerned yet.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Could not read through the mass of words wit no seperation, but base on the 1st stntence, or so :

Not having paypal as an option will apply to those brave souls that opt into the initial start up. 

Other sellers will be phased in over time.

That has been posted here many times.

By the time the rest of us are movedinto the program it has been  posted that we can expect paypal to be a payment option for buyers to use.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Aug-22nd-from-1-00-pm-PDT-M...
Employee answers back in August. ^^^
I’m not to concerned yet.

Might want to get a little concerned.  A large number of those who chose to accept the offer to use eBay payments discovered today that they no longer are allowed to accept paypal, and won't be able to for about a year's time.  A blue confirmed it in the discussion thread I saw.  This is just craziness.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Could not read through the mass of words wit no seperation, but base on the 1st stntence, or so :

Not having paypal as an option will apply to those brave souls that opt into the initial start up. 

Other sellers will be phased in over time.

That has been posted here many times.

By the time the rest of us are movedinto the program it has been  posted that we can expect paypal to be a payment option for buyers to use.

Paypal will only be an option for buyers to use, but your payments will still come through Adyen from what the eBay blue said in the other thread.  In other words, their explanation was that you won't be able to accept payments directly into your Paypal account anymore as they explained it.  I hope that's wrong, but they are a blue, so they SHOULD understand how it works.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Something else I have a problem with, from a blue during the community chat from back on August 22nd: 

"Depending on your bank, you can typically expect payouts to be sent to your bank account within 2-4 business days of an order confirmation."

Paypal is INSTANT, you have the money immediately in your account.  This is NOT.  Will we be expected to ship before the payment clears our bank?  I'm NOT OK with that, if that is the case.  This is EXACTLY why I stopped processing cards after I shut my brick and mortar store down and went to ONLY using Paypal. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Something ELSE I have a real problem with, WE have to fund postage ourselves, we can't take it out of funds from sales, AGAIN, from a BLUE during the August 22nd chat: 

"You will not be able to use funds from sales for postage and eBay purchases. You will be able to deposit funds daily to your bank account. "

WHY do they think sellers will just be OK with this?  How, exactly, is this an IMPROVEMENT?  It looks like a huge step backward to me.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply