cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Feedback is Hard to Get.

More and more sellers are not leaving feedback for buyers.  Don't give me that voluntary crap.  You sellers did not get 50,000 feedback ratings because it's voluntary. Seller should leave feedback immediately after the sale is completed and the buyer did as requested. When buyer receives product, he/she leaves feedback id product is as claimed.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Feedback is voluntary, whether you like it or not.

Thanks for posting.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@62_gt_hawk 

Since sellers can't give buyers honest feedback, most don't worry about it.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

So when I send a buyer a Men's Large Red T Shirt from a listing that states "Men's Large Red T-Shirt' and said buyer opens a "Not as Described" return forcing the seller to pay the cost of return shipping, only to receive a "Men's Large Red T-Shirt'....

does that buyer deserve this 'FANTASTIC A++++ Superstar Buyer!!' Feedback?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I leave feedback for my buyers after I know they aren’t going to be a pita! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I leave feedback for seller after I received merchandise as described.  I wait 30 days for reciprocal feedback. After that, I do a follow up to feedback left. Ebay just needs to drop the feedback system if buyers and sellers are not going to participate properly.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Too many sellers have been burned in the past, and now that you can only leave positive feedback for a buyer, most sellers simply don't bother anymore, since if there WAS an issue, the seller cannot reflect that with feedback they leave.  Can you really blame them?  If ANYTHING goes wrong with a sale, it's automatically the seller's fault, with no recourse whatsoever.  Feedback here has been meaningless for a long time.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

"Participate properly"?

FB is entirely voluntary/optional for both buyers and sellers.  

It's not mandatory/required.

Therefore, everyone IS participating properly by leaving it OR not leaving it.

And, yes, we have been campaigning forever for the FB system on eBay to be abandoned completely.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply