cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Payment Method

Does anyone have any guide lines for this new way our money will be collected Starting January 1st,2021? Is it going to be mandatory to switch to sell on Ebay. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New Payment Method

@magid9906   Yes, it will be  mandatory to switch in order to continue Selling on eBay.  Ebay and PayPal's contract expires in 2021 and eBay has contracted Adyen, a Dutch firm, to be the replacement Payment Processor.  You can still use PayPal to purchase with on eBay but when a Buyer purchases your items the money will no longer go to your PayPal account.  It will take a circuitous route through Adyen then eBay then to your bank account.  eBay & Adyen's portion of time will be 2-4 days then however long it takes your bank to accept and deposit the money in your account.  Fees will be lumped together in to one % and it can vary depending on category.

So while Sellers will have to wait to be paid eBay will enjoy improved cash flow as they will no longer have to wait 30 days for a billing cycle to end and then another 15 days to get paid ... they will take their fees at the time of purchase.  You will still get a monthly invoice for Store Subscriptions and some other charges but as mentioned, FVFs will come out at the time or purchase.

That, in a nutshell, is what Managed Payments is all about ...

You will have the option to pay for your shipping labels from PayPal or eBay's Managed Payments and your Available funds.  You will make that choice the first time you print a label with MP ... it will stay that way until you change it.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

So, will we be required to ship before the money is in our account where we have complete control of it?  I'm really not interested in not having my funds go to Paypal, NOR am I interested in having to ship before I have the money in my possession.  I left Reverb over this, and I sell a LOT more here than I did there.  Ebay needs to rethink this.  Reverb was requiring us to pay out of pocket for shipping after Etsy took them over, and then they would deposit your funds in your bank account a day or two later.  It's not a very good business model from the seller's place behind the counter, frankly.  I like having the funds in my paypal account instantly and being able to use them to purchase shipping with.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Extend your handling time to allow for the funds to arrive in your bank account. 

5-7 days is a good estimate on how long before you will see the funds. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I know sellers who have done this and have gotten bad feedback and general nastiness from buyers because of it, and lost a lot of sales, as well.  Not really a viable option.  Might as well just stop selling here, in my opinion. 

@mkaczorsee wrote:

Extend your handling time to allow for the funds to arrive in your bank account. 

5-7 days is a good estimate on how long before you will see the funds. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply