cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

steviastore
Enthusiast

I have a credit score +680, seller for 8 years. +100K in sales/year.

Feedback 99%. Because of DSR low in shipping time (I ship within 24 hs) I was knocked off.

Competitors mafia overcharging customers and profiting $$$$$ want me out???? I bet they do and they kicked me out.

My response to Ebay:

1) I don't buy on Ebay since 2010. I buy on AMAZON and BONANZA.

2) I drove all my customers to my website and AMZN listings.

3) I always talk about AMZN to people and how amazing they are.

4) Ebay is losing traffic, income and advertisement... unlike my website and AMZN

Ebay, you are not smart enough

Message 361 of 542
latest reply

Morning bcoog and welcome to The Part Timers Forum.

This buyer is abusing the FB system.> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=leonagot4k... I hope you're not using it as "the straw that broke the camel's back"?

Yes things have changed but you're a TRS with perfect DSR's.> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=bcoog&iid=-1&de... There must be another reason. no?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 362 of 542
latest reply

Hondamedic thanks for the reply Oh I just thought it was funny how she complained over two things I have no control over in regards to an opinion to the movie. Also the shipping was exactly what the PO charges.

I have seen other venues where it varies in regards to free shipping or a customer pays a set amount above an beyond what the postage cost. I know that is cost of packaging etc. I do this selling on a part time basis and just recently got TRS.

It's weird though I have been here since 1998 and the way things have evolved here not always for the best.I'm still hanging in here.

Good luck and Happy Holiday

Message 363 of 542
latest reply

I just left bonanza(bonanzle) because after 4 months I never sold anything even when I offered 20% off! Some of my stuff was 50's mid century modern so I know it wasn't junk and the prices were more than reasonable.

Message 364 of 542
latest reply

steviastore
Enthusiast

I do really great in Bonanza. It depends on the listing quality for visibility. It's a great tool. I hit 80% or my total ebay sales in bonanza.

Amazon is  a great tool as well.

Message 365 of 542
latest reply

Yes eBay is losing sellers rapidly . They have also created this 50 free listings auctions for new sellers which creates "crowding out" of listings and damages sales of established sellers.

Trying to become the next amazon is never going to work for eBay.

Message 366 of 542
latest reply

I have got to the point where I have moved half my listing to another online auction site thats 8 bucks a month no final value fees and have been selling stuff too. You know they take fees from shipping and with paypals fees I was loosing hundreds of dollars a month in just their greedy fees. Everyone has to make a living but you know they will miss my 700 dollars a month in fees and then when they loose sellers who sell 8 to 10 grand a month they will start to feel it and maybe then their will be management change but I think it will be too late to get sellers back. I list more on other sites everyday and by this fall I will list no more on ebay. I am disgusted with them, they are a disappointment to all of us

Message 367 of 542
latest reply

Yes e bay is losing sellers. I have not listed any thing since january of this year. I'm thinking of diong some listing  but if I do this is what I will do. When a buyer either wins the auction, or with a buy it now, or ask a question I will let them know that I have items listed on other sites and let them know these sites. This will help these other sites get more traffic to them and the more people that know about these other sites the less they might use e bay. The sellers who are the one's that make e bay and pay pal their money need to hit them where it will count. THEIR BOTTOM LINE.  Then and onlt then will things might change on e bay.

When some one ask me about selling on e bay I tell them they are better off selling their items in a yard sell, flea market, local auction houses, and on some of these other sites.

I tell the if they want to give their items away and pay a fee to do it then sell on e bay.

Also watch out for some of the people who post on these forms they are e bay and pay pal employees and will onlt tell you lies.

Message 368 of 542
latest reply

"

Also watch out for some of the people who post on these forms they are e bay and pay pal employees and will onlt tell you lies."

Please tell us who they are so we can root them out & send them packing !!

FeeBay & Pay-we are not your-Pal, should be given a harsh lesson for letting their employees come on these boards and tell us lies !

So , please ....a list of names that you can prove are those emplyees would be welcomed and raise your status on the boards to that of " All Seeing Eye " !!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 369 of 542
latest reply

As ebay loses sellers it will lose buyers as well , lots of people use the money from the sales to buy more items off ebay.When they scare away the buyers it effects  the sales on ebay , Luckily for ebay they are so big that they can handle fluctuations in their incomes and for every buyer that leaves ebay a new one will take their place . In some categories  there are more chinese made items then north american made products .My fear is some of these items could  also have health concerns and also ebay seems to be the largest supplier of knock off items which last time I checked was illegal .

I don't do normal.......
Message 370 of 542
latest reply

Don't listen to hondamedic as he or she is a e bay or paypal employee.

I confess, the ToyDoctor has outed me.. I'm sorry... All these years I've pulled the wool over The Part Time Sellers eyes and blinded them to the truth.

So now I'll come out of the closet, I'm an Undercover Pink

It's been hard, long hours and low pay with no appreciation from some posters as to the stress I'm under. But that's all past me now! I've been freed by the truth.

Thank you DrToys for giving me the strength to come clean and submit my formal resignation!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 371 of 542
latest reply

oh get over yourself already!! ;\

Ignorance is bliss
Message 372 of 542
latest reply

americantshirtco
Enthusiast

Reply to ebay who asked if there was anything they could do to prevent me from closing my account.

You could do something to stop me closing my account, you could change your company philosophy and approach(although I know that is highly unlikely). I will not sell or shop on ebay again and I know that my family and friends feel the same way. We used to love ebay and the original concept was a fantastic one but that concept has been lost and ebay has become something ugly with ebay playing God and deciding who and what you can buy and sell regardless of whether they have knowledge, any understanding or appreciation of a customers business or product. It is a site now filled with skepticism, contradictions and injustice. ebay's arrogance has resulted in providing terrible customer service, treating long serving, honest customers with no respect, loyalty or appreciation and providing customers with the most horrific experience possible. Want to be treating badly? Then join ebay.

Message 373 of 542
latest reply

juliawalkingfish
Enthusiast

Absolutely.  I just told them I am done.  I had almost 200 listings down to fifty and when they expire I am done.  I have over 300 on amazon with 1/5 the problems and twice the profit...amazon only gets paid when i do they dont nickel and dime and certainly dont take commissions on shipping are you kidding me!!!!  I am letting my listings stay and no new listings go up.  everyone should use amazon where possible and otherwise you are better of on craigslist or having a yard sale.

Message 374 of 542
latest reply

juliawalkingfish
Enthusiast

look everyone, ebay has paid shills on this BB.  How much are they paying you chump?

Message 375 of 542
latest reply