cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

Hey, txmvmcc ~ your still here!  That is one looooooong goodbye because if I remember correctly, you said you were leaving a year ago.

Yup, nomo, those dang winning lottery numbers are elusive little devils so I am still selling also ~ and considering how many hoops eBay expects a seller to jump through, there are ways to protect yourself from the scammers and bogus returns, so as long as it is working for me I will still sell here and figure it out ~ much more productive than whining and ranting about it, imo! 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 466 of 542
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Hey, txmvmcc ~ your still here!  That is one looooooong goodbye because if I remember correctly, you said you were leaving a year ago.

It's like Joe Walsh said, "It's hard to leave, when you can't find the door",

or as you stated, 'That is one looooooong goodbye'... way too long.

Message 467 of 542
latest reply

Gosh.   I was all set to leave ebay,

then, I received another listing invite - this morning.   lol

Message 468 of 542
latest reply

I have been selling on eBay for about 2 years. I have seen a rapid decline in my sales over the past 3 months. Not near as much traffic and fee's are to much. I wish sellers could band together and stop eBay. I'm searching for a normal job because of sales and feedback. It socks getting customers you can't make happy. You have to give them free stuff so you don't get negative feedback.
Message 469 of 542
latest reply

My reply to you, is yes, more and more people have quit ebay, but many people are seeing a rise in sells.  I'm not and because of some of their policies I too am done.  Actually I tried to quit this evening, but couldn't because of pending fees.  They have lost 3 of my family members for various reasons and quite frankly, with the decline in sells, it was best for me to leave.  I have been selling on the local Swap Shops on facebook and have found success there.  I don't have to deal with scams, and the people so far have been honest.  I don't mind telling them that if the item doesn't meet their expectations, please return it for a refund.  I've not had one return.  Ebay has set itself up for dishonesty.  The temptation is too great.  Who wouldn't want a free item and all you have to say is item not as described and voila!  It's yours.  Anyway, there are lots of places to sell so don't give up hope.  You may not sell as much, but you will be much happier.

Message 470 of 542
latest reply

@inmyelement08 wrote:

My reply to you, is yes, more and more people have quit ebay, but many people are seeing a rise in sells.  I'm not and because of some of their policies I too am done.  Actually I tried to quit this evening, but couldn't because of pending fees.  They have lost 3 of my family members for various reasons and quite frankly, with the decline in sells, it was best for me to leave.  I have been selling on the local Swap Shops on facebook and have found success there.  I don't have to deal with scams, and the people so far have been honest.  I don't mind telling them that if the item doesn't meet their expectations, please return it for a refund.  I've not had one return.  Ebay has set itself up for dishonesty.  The temptation is too great.  Who wouldn't want a free item and all you have to say is item not as described and voila!  It's yours.  Anyway, there are lots of places to sell so don't give up hope.  You may not sell as much, but you will be much happier.

@inmyelement08 wrote:

Who are the ones seeing a rise?  China?  Big box?  Just curious who these people are.

Message 471 of 542
latest reply

SOLD A GUITAR BUYER SAID NEVER HAD IT BUT TRACKING NUMBER SAID HE HAS SIGNED FOR IT FEEBAY REFUNDED HIM WHATS THE POINT OF SENDING RECORDED ....FEEBAY CHANGE YOU RULES FOR HEVEN SAKE AS THERE A TO MANY OUT OF THE U.K SCAMMERS 

Message 472 of 542
latest reply

ANOTHER ONE SOLD SOME BIKE WHEELS BUYER SAID NEVER HAD THEM FEEBAY REFUNDED THEM TO MY SHOCK THE BUYER LISTED THEM 3 WEEKS LATER AND SOLD THEM FOR £150 NICE LITTLE ERNER UNTIL I PAID HIM A VISIT 100 MILE ROUND TRIP BUT VERY WORTH IT AS I HAD HIIM BANG TO RIGHTS AND I HAD £200 OFF HIM FOR IT SO TO ALL YOU SCAMMER WHACH OUT WHO YOUR SCAMMING AS WE CAN FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE VERY QUIKE LET IT BE TOLD 

Message 473 of 542
latest reply

caps-lock-toggle.png

Message 474 of 542
latest reply

Pretty obvious to me also.

What **bleep** me off about Ebay...I know you did not ask....Ebay states your feedback is very important to us....please let us know how we can

improve our site....I have...and you hear NOTHING back, nothing changes...nothing.

You type something like pants I am looking for right now, you will get all sizes....when I ask Ebay why they waste our time...I get a "The sellers

have stores, you can choose the size and color of pants you want....that is b.s.....most sellers have on pair of pants, nothing else.......

Ebay wants YOU to improve their site, when YOU need help you can go to hell.

Message 475 of 542
latest reply

Something all buyers needs to be ware of......Gardeners, landscapers...etc.....

IF you want to buy SOLAR lights, and I have brought this up to EBAy sooooooooo many times....

their sellers from out of the country....will list their solars as the BEST...HIGH QUALITY, TOP OF THE LINE...

You buy a solar light, set it up in your yard....it lights up for a couple of weeks...you leave the seller a good feed back.

After the couple of weeks, the light is no longer lighting up...you think...hmmmm batteries, you remove the back panel

to change the batteries to find the batteries cannot be removed, they are glued in or soldered in....the seller of course

has your money, you end up throwing the light out.  You ask the seller before you buy one of their solars if the batteries

can be changed...GUARANTEED you will get this for a response......The sun charges the battery......you have to keep

asking them over and over, if the batteries can be changed, you get the same response....The sun charges the battery...

The other gaem they pull regarding these types of lights....Our lights are weatherproof...which does NOT MEAN WATERPROOF,

they will state this next to their item....WEATHERPROOF......you read the fine print, it then will state not waterproof....OR,

you have to place the item under the eaves of your home......the games never ends on these items......!!!!!

I have mentioned this to EBAY SO MANY TIMES in the past 3 years, asking them to tell their sellers to include this in

the item description, of course EBAY will not do this, they will lose money as with the seller....imagine buying a flashlight,

you use it 10 or so times, the light stops working, you unscrew then endcap to find, the bateries cannot be taken out, you

end up throwing the flashhlight out....this is the same thing about out of the country sellers.

Another thing.....when buying make up or vitamins, anything that SHOULD have an expiration date on them, notice...

most sellers DOES NOT include an expiration date, I have brought this to Ebays' attention....nothing has been done,

won't get done....Ebay again will lose money as with the seller......SO BUYER BE WARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 476 of 542
latest reply

@bronx-dog wrote:

caps-lock-toggle.png

Wish there was one of those ^^^^pics for the wall of text, no paragraphs crowd!  happy emo.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 477 of 542
latest reply

I don't even want to buy solar lights from the store....they don't work either. The replacement batteries are expensive.................AND DEAD.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about solar lightsSmiley Indifferent

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 478 of 542
latest reply

In response to Ebay loosing its Sellers...   YES..   I have been selling since 2006 and in 2008 ebay started making changes that hurt the sellers more and more.  Not only are we paying more in fees.  But we are competing with big box stores and China.  We are competing against each other with adds from other stores being posted on our listings luring them away from our sites.  And one of the worst problems (scammers know that ebay will allow them to scam us all they want)  I sell clothing,  I'm sick of sending out quality items New or Used and have them sent back worn, stained and nasty.   And to top it off EBAY GIVES THEM A FULL REFUND OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT !!   Not just the purchase price !   BUT NOW WE ARE PAYING FOR THE SCAMERS TO SCAM US !!   THEY GET THE SHIPPING BACK AS WELL , SHIPPING THEY HAVE YOU  PAY NOW TO SHIP TO THEM...   IF YOU USE FREE SHIPPING YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM THE TOTAL BACK... IF YOU HAVE THEM PAY YOU SHIPPING THEY GET THE TOTAL BACK.  And from what I'm reading Ebay gives them the total back if they dont send the item back to you..    There is no accountablity for the buyer/scammer..     So we are taken advantage of from ebay...    I have slowly reduced the amount of items I sell.   And soon if ebay does not make a change.. IM GONE>..

Message 479 of 542
latest reply

Since others are sharing horror stories I felt I should join in. 

The last sale I did on eBay was for five, gold audiophile CDs.  Total sale added up to $160.00 U.S..  Seller gets them and says all five are defective (not true).   I told him if he was not happy I would send him return postage and refund when I received the product.  Long story short, I sent him the postage via Paypal.  Three days later he files a claim with eBay.  He kept the return postage, I never received the CDs and then eBay reimbursed him the full amount.  When I reported the incident, eBay sent me a link to the FBI and said it was out of their hands.  Even worse, you can't leave negative feedback to warn other sellers.  The guy is still buying and probably has done it to others.  SELLERS BEWARE! 

We haven't sold another item for at least a year and never will again.

Message 480 of 542
latest reply