cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

I was not a big seller on eBay. But the money I did make was used for making purchases on eBay. With no seller protection and the astronomical fees. EBay loses twice when someone like me closes their account.

Twice now in a short period of time I have received negitive feedback from NEW BUYERS who know they hold all the power. One claimed that item did not work as should when in fact it did (item was new). Other claimed I underpaid on shipping. (ebay shipping calculator) Both buyers received a refund.

When cash does not flow in. Cash does not not flow out Ebay. 

Message 451 of 542
latest reply

Well said. No one could have stated the situation any better. Thank you.

Message 452 of 542
latest reply

As soon as I hit the Lottery, I'm out of here!

1 big trip to Goodwill, or Savers - donating all my Ebay stuff.

(I wish)

Message 453 of 542
latest reply

laughing emo.gif Me too, nomoaa ~ but I will go you one better ~ if I win the lottery, I will split it amongst all of the posters on this thread ~ we can all meet at a mutually agreed upon thrift, and have a big ol' party while guzzling beer in the parking lot and chanting ~ hasta la vista, baby...we ain't comin' back....don't mind me, just feelin' a little strange today silly tongue emo.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 454 of 542
latest reply

Besides AMAZON, where will people go?

I have tried them all w-e-b-s-t-o-r-e and e-c-r-a-t-e-r; B-o-n-a-n-z-a.  My sales come from EB and AMZ.  I notice that more and more Chinese merchants are on EB (and AMZ) and I think there needs to be a stop to that.  Especially the ones with "free shipping".  I refuse to buy from China.  If the product is made in China and shipped from the U.S. distributor, that's OK.

L. Wright, Chicago
Message 455 of 542
latest reply

@liw48 wrote:

I refuse to buy from China.  If the product is made in China and shipped from the U.S. distributor, that's OK.

Sorry, can't agree with you. I used to buy LED light bulbs from a U.S. seller, at $9.00 a bulb + $5.00 shipping.
I was told I could get the same bulb, from the same wholesaler in China that the U.S. seller was buying from,

for $1.99 + Free Shipping... simply put, I could get 7 of the exact same bulbs for the price I used to pay for one...

and if that U.S. seller was buying in bulk, you can bet his wholesale price was much less than $1.99 and you

can be sure, that the shipping was free to him also.

I am willing to buy locally produced... willing???, make that actively seeking the opportunity to support local,

domestic manufacturers. "Made in the U.S.A.", has become an endangered species. Having said that, I hold

absolutely no desire to support a domestic re-seller, who is getting his product from the same foreign seller I can,

marking it up 450% and is then overcharging me for shipping... that is so 2004.

BTW... don't blame the Chinese wholesalers, for recognising that they could sidestep the U.S. re-sellers and

by doing so... make more money for themselves. As for those re-sellers... most can be found right here on the

PT Board, complaining how slow their sales are and blaming eBay (not EB) for all their problems. Funny that.

Message 456 of 542
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

laughing emo.gif Me too, nomoaa ~ but I will go you one better ~ if I win the lottery, I will split it amongst all of the posters on this thread ~ we can all meet at a mutually agreed upon thrift, and have a big ol' party while guzzling beer in the parking lot and chanting ~ hasta la vista, baby...we ain't comin' back....don't mind me, just feelin' a little strange today silly tongue emo.gif

Getting in on this thread (just in case Hidy wins). 

*crosses fingers*

33oqyxh.jpg

Photobucket
Message 457 of 542
latest reply

Oh well, not going anywhere for now.

Won $3 on a $5 ticket.  lol

oops double post.   

Message 458 of 542
latest reply

I've had same night marish examples,,,,i have given up on EBAY -- for ever- REVERB .com --- the new ebay for music equipment
Message 459 of 542
latest reply

agreed - they go OVERBOARD w/ their protectection of buyers - (yes it's needed) but seller (who PAY the fees) have NO recourse at all --- i'm done with them
Message 460 of 542
latest reply

They will lose sellers because of problems like this.....  This will drive me away eventually...

Major problem with Ebay!  Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) is one of Ebay's preferred payment processors.  I linked my Skrill account with Ebay 2 weeks ago to accept credit card payments via Skrill.   However, the Ebay/Skrill payment scheme does not work at all.  I'm a bronze power seller and a top rated seller.   I've had over 80 sales since going to Skrill and none of my customers have been able to make a successful payment.  After attempting to make a payment, they get screen errors, page not found, etc. and kicked out.  To make matters worse, the customers "My Ebay, Purchases" shows "PAID", and my side (seller) shows "PENDING".  However there is no payment.  Skrill has verified that no payment has happened.  I have called Ebay about 9 times.  Nobody has a clue about what I'm talking about.  The last 3 times I've finally spoken with supervisors. I have all 3 names.  The first one did nothing. The second one said she knew of the problem and I was the 4th person (and biggest customer),  The third supervisor (whom I just finished my call with 5 minutes ago) said Ebay only handles basic issues concerning 3rd party payment processors and mine was "complicated".  I suggested that as a manager he needs to do something.   This problem hasn't been resolved nor have I been given any ETA.  I assured my supervisor today that if the problem were with Paypal, I'm sure it would be fixed in a minute.  If the payment processors are not working, then nobody gets paid, zero revenue for Ebay if it was Paypal.  Seems they don't care to make Skrill work?   Ebay makes this available, so why is it available if it has not been tested?  Doesn't work?  Further, this is a customer service nightmare for Ebay because after a few days, my customers receive unpaid item reminders, but of course, they are not able to pay.  So, then they receive unpaid item strikes against their account for no fault of their own.  I have to file it or Ebay will take it's commission from me.  Some customers have asked me to cancel the sale, at first I agreed, but found I was unable to cancel a sale when an unpaid item case has already been opened.  The ONLY thing I can do is mark as "payment received" manually, but then I have to pay 10% to ebay even though I haven't received any money.  So the supervisor today told me that I would have to tell my customers that they will receive an unpaid item strike, but then each customer will have to individually appeal the unpaid item strike with Ebay.  Is this good customer service?  Isn't Ebay a multi-national, multi-billion dollar company?  Don't you think they have the financial resources and technical know how to make a payment gateway link work?  I'm out of business.  Ironically, today I got my reminder from Ebay that my seller fees payment is due $395.72.  It says, "
Don't lose your ability to Buy, Sell and Earn $ on eBay"  haha, funny huh?

Message 461 of 542
latest reply

A bit after the fact... but if you had read what I said there was a bigger picture than the one charge back.... which was on a case I won through eBay, BTW.  It was more about having to use Paypal to take payments. ... and I'm from Utah, not the UK, LOL

@komokwa wrote:

you have good sales

your stars are all 5's

and you're going to give up because of 1 **bleep**py buyer .......????

i thought the brits were tougher than that !

good luck in your future plans.....

Message 462 of 542
latest reply

Looks like the 'brick and mortar' stores will be making a resurgence once eBay regulates itself t

@mrsdilleyokc wrote:
agreed - they go OVERBOARD w/ their protectection of buyers - (yes it's needed) but seller (who PAY the fees) have NO recourse at all --- i'm done with them

o death.

Message 463 of 542
latest reply

Yes.  Ebay is losing sellers.  FAST.  The only new accounts they get are those in foreign countries using fake US addresses to create accounts.  Ebay is NOT the place you want to sell anything of value.  The new Buyer Protection rules allow someone to buy your goods, open a case, get a refund, AND keep your items.  Trust me.  Happened more than once to me so they can deny such all they wish. 

If you use the US Postal Service and are scammed; REPORT IT TO THE POSTAL SERVICE!  Unlike eBay; they will investigate it.  Any foolish rule eBay comes up with is not law; but using a government entity to defraud someone is in fact a federal offense. 

At this rate; eBay is becoming nothing more than an overhyped dollar store of cheap, imported goods.

There are countless videos on YouTube that show people how to use the buyer protection system to get items for free...and eBay does nothing to change that. 

Prove to eBay that without honest sellers....there is no eBay.  It really is that simple for sellers to take a stand against such criminal activity that is NOT law, but foolish rules created by someone who is overpaid for lacking realistic views.  Not even Walmart allows 180 days to return something.  Ebay isn't all that...anymore.  They ruined it.  Now sellers...show them how quickly they can fail; or change it up.  We cant even leave negative feedback for scamming buyers anymore.  Its all about the "scam".  Not you..

Message 464 of 542
latest reply

Still here selling,  haven't hit the lottery - yet.

Message 465 of 542
latest reply