cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

@tndshoppe wrote:

I've been PT selling for some time but I've had two incidents in the last month that have me DONE.  I was loyal through the Store Fee increases and paying nearly 18% of the item value in listing fees, selling fees, and Paypal fees but I've had enough.

tndshoppe 

Zombie Alert for tndshoppe!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 436 of 542
latest reply

Sorry,  man! Its the game on Epay!

Pup's alert! here they come on a pack, Lol...

Message 437 of 542
latest reply

NO KIDDING! Talk about driving us out.

I love the new page where I can see my DSR's on a slide rule.

They tell me I need improvment in description & communication

I can't help it if buyers don't read!   

& I don't have all day to write love letters to buyers!

Message 438 of 542
latest reply

Well I'm pretty much done. I can live with the fees, (although the 10% on postage makes things tougher). My problem is the power is all with the buyer - refunded one for non receipt of goods, (no quibble at all), and yet he can still leave negative feedback.

It's a triple whammy: goods disappeared, ('possibly' buyer took 30 days to put a claim in), money gone via refund and perfect feedback gone, (buyer will not change it).

I used to just get a proof of postage for items under £10, (or record through my drop and go account), to try to keep costs down. Now it will all go recorded.

I'll finish selling what I have left and then that will be it for ebay.

BTW Customer Service won't do anything but at least they were polite until I got a generic and not specific email follow up - ridiculous.

Message 439 of 542
latest reply

you have good sales

your stars are all 5's

and you're going to give up because of 1 **bleep**py buyer .......????

i thought the brits were tougher than that !

good luck in your future plans.....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 440 of 542
latest reply

It's interesting though since eBay really pushes you toward thier payment site.  I really miss the days where someone could send you a check in the mail and that was that.  I also really hate what's happened to Paypal over the years since eBay's had it. I remember back when they were thier own company before they sold out.... great customer service, you had interest they paid you just like a bank (and I believe it was 3.5% which was higher than most banks).  It almost feels like eBay doesn't 100% have a monopoly, since they allow other services, but almost make it impossible to use those services.  Can I also say I had a charge back on my account and Paypal tried to charge me $20 for that?  Something that was NOT my fault?  They waived it... but I work for a credit card company.  The rep. tried to tell me that Paypal gets charged $250 for each charge back they recieved.  I don't know where he got that info, but I know for a fact it's not true.  

Message 441 of 542
latest reply

So to people stating there's no use "**bleep**ing and moaning."  Sure there is.  If eBay loses sellers and isn't listening to sellers.... they have have mo product to sell to the buyers.  They make thier money off us.  We should be the ones they listen too since in fact we are thier direct customers. Not the buyers since they are our customers.

@kali-the-pup wrote:

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

Nope... all those lost sellers can be found here,

**bleep**ing and moaning about things that are clearly

outlined with eBay and Paypal's policies.

Less **bleep**ing and moaning... more reading the rules.

Message 442 of 542
latest reply

Sorry arts_et_metiers, but kali can't take your call right now.

I believe, the point being made had nothing to do with eBay

listening to whiners, as opposed to whiners going on about 

self inflicted wounds and blaming eBay for their fail to launch.

Message 443 of 542
latest reply

I fully agree, I have spent many many hours messging and telephoning ebay. There service is awful, it`s not my fault my account was hacked, so i ended up with 6 cases that where refunded, The refund buton / link never worked. I am treated as the bad guy. Just started listing again and have eigh item`s about to sell with bids and ebay deleted all thew listing`s. Ebay don`t like the little person..

Message 444 of 542
latest reply

Need to make at least a million dollars in sales a year.

@kevins-sales wrote:

I fully agree, I have spent many many hours messging and telephoning ebay. There service is awful, it`s not my fault my account was hacked, so i ended up with 6 cases that where refunded, The refund buton / link never worked. I am treated as the bad guy. Just started listing again and have eigh item`s about to sell with bids and ebay deleted all thew listing`s. Ebay don`t like the little person..

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 445 of 542
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

thestreet.mobi :

We rate EBAY INC (EBAY) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."

For those predicting eBay's demise I believe they are very premature!

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams” — John Barrymore

Message 446 of 542
latest reply

Yes.  eBay is losing sellers.  How do I know that?  Because I just closed my sellers account after 15 years.  I got treated like **bleep** by their customer service for the last time today.  People are allowed to buy your things, use them, damage them and then take 6 months to return them with NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  All these fees, all the BS, all the lies, all the "buyer protection" misuse. 

Here is a clue eBay.  WITHOUT SELLERS....THERE IS NO EBAY!  Buyers cant buy what isnt there posted from a seller!

Ebay is gone.  It once was but is no longer.  They close your account when you dont make them enough money and basically say you werent living up to their expecations.  yet a buyer can do whatever they wish. 

I have lost my last item on ebay.  It will soon be nothing more than an online 99 cent store as that is all sellers could afford to lose.

GOOD BYE!!!!

Message 447 of 542
latest reply

Dear thestreet.mobi, Are You Kidding?!  The only strength eBay has is in it's ability to help fraudulent buyers steal from honest sellers!  Like many others in the eBay community, I am actively seeking and implementing new avenues of ecommerce while downsizing the eBay store.  Unless the current "refund the buyer without having the buyer return the item" or the "refund the buyer when an item is returned not in the same condition" policy is changed, we too will consider a total migration of our inventory to another site.  

Message 448 of 542
latest reply

I am closing my second EBAY business in less than 60 days.  I had an ebay store for 5 years (thegolfbarn) we sold typically between 4500 and 6500 a month.  I had over 1000 products listed for sale, and then ebays automated policies put a hold on our ebay with over 50 orders in the que, we couldn't access our money to ship out the orders (to their own buyers) 😞 Very sad.  Anyway our account became restricted because we had 3 open cases and they said that we had not responded to 2 of them.  NOT TRUE.  One case was because a customer was returning a set of golf grips (fairly typical open case).  The customer put in a bogus tracking number, the grips never came back to us.  EBAY said we didn't respond.  I responded to that case several times, as the customer had asked to return for a refund, and I said yes once the items are returned.  The other case was for a .99 cent piece of golf tape that we ship via envelope with a postage stamp.  Our customers would open up cases fairly often for this item because the post office is so slow.  These cases were always closed once the customer received their item.  I marked the item shipped in the open case, however could not provide a tracking number because there was none.  Once again EBAY said we didn't respond to the customer (NOT TRUE).  Not only did we send another piece of tape we contacted the customer via email message.

So after 5 years of running an EBAY store and making over 200,000.00 in sales, they just put our paypal on hold without a message or even phone call.  I was on the phone for over a week trying to get this resolved.  They wouldn't even release our funds from the sales we made to ship to EBAY customers.  I requested that a supervisor contact me each time I was on the phone (hours) and I did not receive one phone call (Wow they truly dont care about their sellers). 

We sold over 10,000 items and shipped them promptly and because their system is incapable of handling situations correctly, our small family business suffered greatly.  We shipped on our own credit cards and many packages were late, as I did not want to use our credit cards to ship, and was on the phone for over a week trying to get EBAY to realize what was going on.  Case after case began to open (as I told them would happen if our funds were not released).  Due to the fact their management or so called supervisors wouldn't contact us on the matter, we are thinking about sueing for negligence as we lost our online  business from their lack of action, and stubborness to not correct the matter. 

As a small business owner, and family man that employed his family members, I can tell you I am extremely angry at EBAY for their destructive business practices.  I cannot urge you ebay sellers enough to consider alternative online sales portals. 

The second business I ran on EBAY was an airplane parts store.  We never received a negative.  However because I had ran the golf barn, they unlisted all my parts after they received payment for their commissions.  Nothing they do makes any **bleep** sense.  Remember EBAY down sized and went as automated as possible and the people they did hire are morons.  I am sorry to say that, however that has been my experience everytime I spoke with anyone of them (Over 25 people) trying to resolve our issues so that we could maintain our business.  However that is not important to them, as I read on yahoo and google, not only are they losing sellers, they have lost a large percentage of buyers.  YEAH!

Michael Byers,

Message 449 of 542
latest reply

Intresting
Message 450 of 542
latest reply