cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

gobomachine
Enthusiast

Three years later, and the answer is still yes.  I was pushed out by periodic low ratings from November to April while I was busy with my own wedding.  Unfortunately there is absolutely no leeway for such lapses in seller ratings.  I am now banned 'indefinitely' which to ebay is synonymous for 'forever'. 

Ebay does not lose enough business for it to be profitable to spend resources helping out the small seller.  This is not a small seller friendly environment - but it will not end ebay.

Message 421 of 542
latest reply

gobomachine
Enthusiast

In addition - driving away small sellers does not always lose them as buyers - like it or not, ebay is still the best place to -find- small independent sellers - even if hundreds are being pushed out each month for one reason or another.

By principle, I shouldn't buy here, having been myself pushed out of selling for reasons I judge to be unreasonable.  However I still do - because it is still easy to find what you're looking for. 

Of course I'd find -more- of what I'm looking for if the small sellers were retained.

Message 422 of 542
latest reply

Today I find the subtitle line is no longer free, but costs 50¢..  Ebay had a press release not long ago wanting to increase sellers.  What gives?

Message 423 of 542
latest reply

How could you possibly think that other buyers & sellers can tell you why Ebay does a thing?  Only an employee at a fairly senior level would know and I doubt any will be looking here or giving you an answer.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 424 of 542
latest reply

Plus the fact that e-bay now charge roughly 10% added to their piggy bank for each item you shipping This fee falls under their shipping charge. The preach about if you make your shipping rates to high buyers will not bid on your items. I guess some people do overcharge but e-bay decide to get into the game by charging all their sellers the fee. Now if that ain't calling the pot calling the kettle black

Message 425 of 542
latest reply

As soon as my few item sell or end !!.I'll  be leaving EBAY You should check out new shipping rates!!!!. i can see by next year it will be EBAYWALMART with aSmiley Happysmile

Message 426 of 542
latest reply

@tazz2fst4u wrote:

You should check out new shipping rates!!!!. 

OK, I will....... Where????

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 427 of 542
latest reply

I've been PT selling for some time but I've had two incidents in the last month that have me DONE.  I was loyal through the Store Fee increases and paying nearly 18% of the item value in listing fees, selling fees, and Paypal fees but I've had enough.

I ordered a product from an EBAY seller in China.  He clearly states he needs 30 Business days plus to ship.  I hesitated to initiate contact until the 6 week mark.  A few days too late.  Several letters to the seller and he was asking me to close the dispute before he would refund me.... sounded very fishy.  I didn't have to close it because Ebay did.  It was beyond the Ebay guarentee and they suggested I work it out with the seller.  How is he allowed to offer any product he knows he can't delivery in a timely fashion?  Because Ebay is a  that will let anyone take a ride.  Yes, shame on me for ordering it.  As a seller, I know my limits for shipping times, costs, etc.  Ebay has plenty of safeguards in place for sellers to remain in compliance.  This should be one of those.  (And after the 45 days, you can't leave feedback.)  BTW - still never got it.

This week Paypal drafted my Ebay fees from my checking account and completely bypassed the funds in Paypal.  I sat on hold for 45 min with Paypal before giving up and emailing them.  (Another complaint - they only seem to have drop down menus for **bleep** that doesn't pertain.)

For those that may or may not know, they own Ebay, Paypal, Etsy, Craigslist, Stubhub, and Shopping.com to name a few.  They've become cheap that will do anything for money.  That's why you see them cross promoting all over the joint.  (Etsy has less crafts and more **bleep** than ever!)  The taxes they lobby against most likely effect their bottom line more than yours.  

I've boycotted Walmart. Ebay and companies are on my list.  The altruistic beginnings are a memory for this company and the small sellers that fed it.  I have a saying I use when I've been screwed.  "It only took me $xxx.xx (fill in appropriate dollar amount) to figure out they're a jerk."  I'll be closing my eBay store at the end of December if anyone needs odds and ends.

tndshoppe 

Message 428 of 542
latest reply

photo 2d0nt6f.jpg

Message 429 of 542
latest reply

You are right. I am also facign same issues with Ebay. The major problem with EBAY is their custoemr support is worst.  

I listed some 10 items this month and it took me long time to list all these items. Ebay allowed me to list those and then one of the Ebay rep deleted off all those listings in a second. and now when I unsubsribe all ebay deals those i recieve on my email id. Still it is not in effect and I am getting ebay deal emails. I mean deleting listing from my account takes one second and unsubscribing EBAY deals takes more than 24 hours. I think it is injustice. 

Also if the account is freezed then how they allow me to buy EBAY store. that is not right. EBAY has may issues and I think that is causing lot of harrasments to sellers. I tired of EBAY now. I do not think I will ever buy or sell on EBAY in my life.

Message 430 of 542
latest reply

I will never BUY ro sell on EBAY and will not suggest any friends about EBAY. The funny thing is EBAY customer support rep says that if you want you can go to other online auction sites. I have never heard any customer support saying that to customers. 

Also they keep huge chunk of our profit for bad quality of service they offer. 

Ebay turned my business down by limiting my account capabilities. 

The customer service did not solve my issues instead made it more complicated. 

One person from customer support offeres me 50 listings and second customer supoort rep takes it out without notification, hurting my whole days efforts.

I think EBAY customer support does not have any rules,  norms and internal communication or they do not maintain any trails of customers past communication.

The company is worth 1.3 billion on stock exchange and I realize they cannot do any more due to bad customer support.

I will definately support a class action suit on EBAY for taking advertisements out without notification.   

Message 431 of 542
latest reply

@pkale2012 wrote:

I will never BUY ro sell on EBAY and will not suggest any friends about EBAY. 

ZOMBIE ALERT!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 432 of 542
latest reply

Latest invoice amount (Nov-29-13):  $51.39   For  what?????????   I want back my money !!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!

Message 433 of 542
latest reply

Just a wild guess... could it be the fees for the $469 phone you sold.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/fociarsenal67/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Did I win???

Message 434 of 542
latest reply

BD......just a seller unclear on the concept....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 435 of 542
latest reply