cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Prevent International Sales

Don't want the hassle with Customs Forms, slow shipping complaints & hits on your Shipping Time DSR's, INR (Item Not Recieved) because there's no DC (Delivery Confirmation) on the shipping method the buyer insists you use or SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) and buyer won't return due to cost of S&H that you had to pay to get it there & you lost money on? There are 3 steps:

1. At Home Page after signing in wave your cursor over the Account tab & click on Site Preferences in the drop down menu.
Find Shipping preferences & click on Show at the end of the row.
Find Exclude shipping locations from your listings & click on Edit
Put a check mark on all options including North America as NA does not include US.

Put check mark in Apply to all current live listings & click on Apply.

2. Find Buyer requirements on the same page & click on Show then Edit.
Put a check mark in the box under Buyers in locations to which I don't ship.
Put a check mark in the box in front of Apply above settings to active and future listings.
If you truly do not want to be bothered with requests to ship internationally put a check mark in the box at the bottom of the page next to Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me.

Click on Submit.

3. Log into your PayPal account & click on Profile in the sub-menu bar at the top of the page.
Under Selling Preferences click on Payment Receiving Preferences.
Put a check on Yes under Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Save.

Needless to say, as you're in these areas & have other options that are available, you should adjust your settings for your comfort level. Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

Re: How To Prevent International Sales

It sounds to me that the seller is a bit responsible for it (insufficient for delivery address)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsro.correios.com.br%2Fsr...

Message 121 of 177
latest reply

Good evening wafepar and welcome to The Part Timers Forum...

I  apologize but I've read too many posts of Brazil's slow postal delivery>

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/International-Trading/Shipments-To-South/5200019144?start=50#msg520...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 122 of 177
latest reply

I have a question that may help others. If you were to address a package to me it would look like this:

eBay Buyer
127 Main Street
Hometown, State 11111-1111
USA

How would I address a package to you?

Thanks!

Message 123 of 177
latest reply

eBay Buyer
Rua Fulano de Tal, 000

Bairro: Vila Resende

CEP: 00.000-000

Piracicaba-SP
Brazil

SP is São Paulo State acronym or you can put the name of the State in full (São Paulo).

"Rua" means "street" in English language and "Bairro" is the same that "Neighborhood"

Message 124 of 177
latest reply

Oh, and CEP is the Zip code.

Message 125 of 177
latest reply

eBay Buyer
Rua Fulano de Tal, 000

Piracicaba-SP
Brazil

SP is São Paulo State acronym or you can put the name of the State in full (São Paulo).

"Rua" means "street" in English language and "Bairro" is the same that "Neighborhood"

...Do i drop the Barrio & CEP designators?

eBay Buyer
Rua Fulano de Tal, 000

Piracicaba-SP
Brazil

Message 126 of 177
latest reply

Yeah, you can omit the words "Bairro" and "CEP" but you should not omit the word "Rua" in my opinion. It may have a street and an avenue in the city with the same name. In my city, for example, there is a Rua São João and Avenida São João. "Avenida" is the same that "Avenue".

Message 127 of 177
latest reply

Ya'd think this seller would learn...there are scammers all over the world> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Buyer-Only-Leaves/5100061597

Mongolia buyer left Neg FB after 8 days & an Estonian trying to file an INR after 4 days!:_|

Message 128 of 177
latest reply

Italian Customs notorious for "having" an item disappear"> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Buyer-In-Italy/5200081068

Message 129 of 177
latest reply

I did not know this, an International buyer can file an INR after 5 days?> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/International-Buyer-Opened/5100073926

Message 130 of 177
latest reply

bump for gamike

Message 131 of 177
latest reply

hydropump
Enthusiast

Are international sales bad?

Aware
Message 132 of 177
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Are international sales bad?  

My eBay business is based out of Canada, if not for International Sales... there would be no point to selling on eBay. I limit my sales to Canada, the United States, England and Australia.

The countries that I have chosen to sell to, share a commonality in Postal procedure. It is a commonality that I am comfortable with.

Each seller has to decide where their comfort level lies, who to include and who to exclude and then ensure that their settings reflect that comfort level.

Message 133 of 177
latest reply

Hondamedic, you've posted a lot of links to threads about problems with international sales, but I don't quite follow the point you're trying to make with them.

The PayPal board sees many new posts and threads from both buyers and sellers having PayPal issues, yet that doesn't seem to deter most eBay sellers from accepting PayPal payments when there are alternatives to PayPal out there for sellers determined enough to drop PayPal.

Sure, international selling has its issues, but unless a seller is doing something really, really wrong, they should be far from a regular occurrence, just as a seller's problems with PayPal should be very rare.

Message 134 of 177
latest reply

Hondamedic, you've posted a lot of links to threads about problems with international sales, but I don't quite follow the point you're trying to make with them.

Honda's posts about international shipping (2 of them---- part 1 & 2 ) is for sellers like myself who absolutely can't risk shipping internationally. What happens on the PayEnemy board is irrelevant to this thread.

It has nothing to do with sellers doing anything wrong and has everything to do with risk vs. reward. This is the PT board with many new sellers who are not experienced enough to start at the deep end with intl. shipping and many new faces are using this thread to their advantage.

So if only 1 in 100 don't get the point (That's you) then 99 sellers still "get it" and i'll take those odds to the track any day of the week. Thanks for the pointless opinion, I always love a good sigh and head shake. Besides, have you ever read a thread on the PayPal board where everything is flowers and bunnys? PayPal problems are not rare, they are normal! Especially SNADs from international buyers who take the PayPal route and avoid eBay buyer protection. Can you say immediate account freeze?

Message 135 of 177
latest reply