cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello my dear old friends Tink here and I need some info regarding Paypal

Hi guys been too long!!!

This is an issue I hope you guys can help me with.

Have any of you noticed that paypal has been splitting the payments when multiple items are purchased?

I had purchased 8 different seed packs from a seller and I bought the extra ones to qualify for discounted shipping, when I attempted to pay I noticed the shipping was not correct and the seller said they would issue credit.  When I went into paypal I notice the single payment I made was split in two.

Tonight a customer made a purchase and I noticed two payments and I thought great, I will have to refund one shipping charge but, when I went to print the packing slip I noticed no shipping charge, which was the same for the other purchase.  I offer free shipping for purchases over $25 so the customer had to have had the items in her cart to qualify for the free shipping, but paypal showed two payments. Therefore charging me an additional .30 transaction fee.  If they are doing this to everyone they are raking it in.

Let me know if you have noticed this in the recent weeks.  Oh I smell a possible lawsuit.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have not noticed, but will be on the lookout for it. Thanks for the heads up. 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

you're welcome

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi Tink!

I don't sell anymore, although my employment situation may warrant a return, so I'm of no help.

The forum a ghost town for quite some time now but many stop in now and again, like myself, so stop by and check in.... Never know if help will arrive!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply